Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: o2 Germany

Request Read Receipt on a BESX Account

Hello.

We have a BESX 5.0.3 running with an Exchange 2010 Server.

A user asked me how to request a read receipt from the BlackBerry Smartphone. Normally it is possible to go to Options -> E-Mail-Settings -> Request Read Confirmation.

This works with a BIS Account. But there is no option at the BESX Account. Is this generally not possible? Or are there settings, which must be made on the BESX Server?

Than you! 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Request Read Receipt on a BESX Account

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: o2 Germany

Hello.

Thank you for your reply. But the links to the KBs are not a solution for me. Perhaps I expressed misleading.

The user wants to write an e-mail on his BlackBerry. For that e-mail he wants to request a read receipt. So the reader of the users e-mail has to confirm that he has read the e-mail of the user.

The KBs you mentioned all handles the way how the BB user can send read receipts on hisself. But he does not want to send, he wants to request a read receipt. The first KB you mentioned complies to the BIS service. We have BES environment and the user does not have the option to select the "Confirm Read". The question is, why does the user not have this option for the BES account? Is this option generally not available for a BES account or is there a way how to activate it?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ok i though it was the other way.

I have searched a bit and not finding much on this.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V