Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SBE to PRO

Hello,

I'm currently running the Small Business Edition BES and need to upgrade to the Pro version. I've found and downloaded the Pro version.  I tried to install it but I get a message saying 'Cannot

upgrade to older version'  The Pro version is 4.1.4, our current SBE version is 4.1.6

I know from searching this forum and others that I am stuck with SBE unless I uninstall and reinstall with Pro, which I don't really want to do unless someone can confirm all of the devices will stay in tact in a database or if there is a way to save it and copy it back in.

Otherwise, can anyone let me know if a newer full package version of Pro is coming out that is newer than the latest service pack, I will try and wait.

thanks,

Dwain

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: SBE to PRO

So you upgraded your SBE to SP6? well your database and server version is upgraded and that's the reason you cant run a lower version of software now.

if you reinstall BPS, yes you have to wipe and reactivate devices. I am wondering how you were able to upgrade your SBE to 4.1.6?

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Yes, I downloaded it from the downloads page for BES, I was no 4.1.5 which I updated to in the Spring.

I will investigate the reaload from scratch, I just wish I knew whether or not a new PRO package including

service pack 6 or higher was going to be released, that should allow me to upgrade then.

thanks,

Dwain

Highlighted
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

huskernkc wrote:

Yes, I downloaded it from the downloads page for BES, I was no 4.1.5 which I updated to in the Spring.

I will investigate the reaload from scratch, I just wish I knew whether or not a new PRO package including

service pack 6 or higher was going to be released, that should allow me to upgrade then.

thanks,

Dwain

There is no ETA for a new SP (5/6/?) for BPS

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/