Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SBS install question

Going to install BPS 4.1.4 on an SBS 2003 Standard.  Scared to death.  Went through the install tutorial and didn't understand this page.  I'm installing while logged on as Administrator.  I've already created besadmin with it's "send as" permissions.  Is that what it's talking about?  And if not, what permissions do I need to create for Administrator?  Doesn't Administrator have all the permissions it needs?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: SBS install question

Microsoft Exchange Server 2000 and 2003

1. Within the domain, make sure the administration account is a member of the Domain Users group only.
  2. Note: On a domain controller, the administration account should be a member of the Builtin Administrators group.
  3. On the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, make sure the account is a member of the Local Administrators group, then assign the Log on Locally and Log on as a service permissions.
  4. To grant Exchange View Only Administrator permissions at the Administrative Group level in Exchange System Manager, right-click the first Microsoft Exchange administrative group name, then click Delegate Control. The BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account should be listed with the role of Exchange View-Only Administrator.
  5. To grant the Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store permissions at the Server level for each Microsoft Exchange Server, complete these steps:
    • In Exchange System Manager, right-click the first Microsoft Exchange administrative group name, then expand the Servers group.
    • Right-click a Microsoft Exchange Server, then select Properties > Security.
    • Select the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administration account from the top pane, then in the bottom pane, make sure that the three permissions (Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store) are set to Allow.
    • Repeat these steps for each Microsoft Exchange Server.
  6. To grant the Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store permissions on the Mailbox Store, complete these steps:
    • In the Exchange System Manager, right-click the first Microsoft Exchange administrative group name, then expand the Servers group.
    • Expand the First Mailbox Store group.
    • Right-click each Mailbox Store, then click Properties > Security.
    • Select the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account from the top pane, then in the bottom pane, make sure that the three permissions (Send As, Receive As, and Administer Information Store) are set to Allow.
    • Complete these steps for each Mailbox Store on each Microsoft Exchange Server.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Super Contributor
My Device: Classic, Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ

Look at this document and it will work. I thing the best description about the necessary things. For me it was the solution for all problems starting using BB.
New Contributor

I think we're getting a little crossed on terminology.  When I talk about the "Administrator", I mean the user Administrator on the DC.  I cannot make him "a member of the Domain Users group only".  That user has to belong to other groups.  When you talk about "the administration account" do you mean besadmin?

And in number 3 when you say, "make sure the account is a member of the Local Administrators group, then assign the Log on Locally and Log on as a service permissions" is the account you're talking about the besadmin user again?

New Contributor

Thanks RoberP.  I think that does help.