Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Micjo01
My Device: Not Specified

SQL Server permission problem

I've managed to get the BlackBerry Professional Software up and running, and I was also able to complete the Enterprise Activation procedure on my BlackBerry Pearl 8100.  Unfortunately my mail doesn't synchronize with my MS Exchange 2003 server.  The Event log on the BlackBerry Professional server showed the following entries :

Event 18456 MSSQLServer : Login Failed for user 'BESadmin' [CLIENT : ip address of myBlackberry server]

and also :

Event 20000 Policy Patrol Service : Com Error 0x80040E4D Login failed for BESadmin.

However I able to successfully logon and access the BESMgt database which is on the same server as the BlackBerry software.  FYI : The database is an MS SQL Server 2005 and I'm accessing it (remotely) via MS SQL Server Management Studio Express.

This problem looks like a permission problem of the BESAdmin account, although the account is db_owner of the BESMgt database.

Can you tell me what permissions I should set to fix these errors ?

Thanks

Joeri Michiels

Van Dijk Information Consultants

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: SQL Server permission problem

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Just checked my SQL 2005 server.

server admin and sysadmin also needed as well as owner.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Micjo01

Unfortunately the messages (logon failed) still show up, but when I rebooted the server after a couple of minutes this message shows up in the Event Vieuwer :

Event 17137 Starting up database 'BESMgt'

Event 3454 Writing checkpoint in database 'BESMgt'

It looks to me that the database finally started and that the first couple of messages are related to the fact that the database hasn't initialised yet.  Is there a way I could set a retry period for database logons ? That way I could probably avoid these logon failures to shop up in my Event log.

Thanks

Joeri Michiels

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Micjo01

Things have gone bad since my last reboot : my BlackBerry devices are not longer synchronizing their email.

I've already look around at the BlackBerry Professional configuration, but all looks ok at first sight.

FYI : I got two more warnings in the event log but I think they can be ignored safely :

Event 2000 SCS : RequeueInProgress : 1 commands were requeued

Event 20608 Using Default BIPP shared secret

can you help me to trace the root of this problem ?

Thanks

Joeri Michiels

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

If SQL is on the same server you have to delay BES from starting.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryEnterpriseSolution&message....

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.