Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SRP Status Unknown and Dispatcher service wouldnt start

I was trying to migrate BPS 4.1.4.19 for one of our clients to a new hardware and I was doing a knife-edge cutover process following this guide. Everything during the install was going fine but when I opened the BlackBerry Manager the SRP Status is "Unknown". I checked the services and Blackberry Dispatcher service was stopped. When I tried to start the service I got an error that the "Service could not be started on the local computer.....".  

A few more details:

1. I am sure I used the same BlackBerry server name.

2. I disabled the blackberry services on the old server before installing the new one. 

3. After checking event viewer I saw a Blackberry Synchornization error "[BIPP] Connection failed".

4. In event viewer there is also an Exchange connector error "BIPPeClient::Connect: Error calling host "EXCHANGE" [192.168.0.8](10061).  <the ip address of the new Blackberry server host is 192.168.0.28. The 192.168.0.8 mentioned in the event log is the old Blackberry server host computer>

As always, thank you for any help you could share. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: SRP Status Unknown and Dispatcher service wouldnt start

Did you allow outgoing for port 3101 in your firewall for the new BPS server?

After that reboot BPS and see if it connects.

Was the old BPS on the exchange server?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

I have added access rule for port 3101 on our firewall and on the servers firewall. 

I have also rebooted the server. 

No, exchange and the BPS were never in the same machine. I had to install the MAPI and CDO components. 

Dispatcher service is still not starting. 

I think the main issue is the BB Dispatcher service wouldnt start. 

One more detail, I am migrating this on a new virtual machine. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I have not dealt with virtual much, but i would change the IP to the OLD BPS IP and go from there. At least it will rule that part out.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Ok I gave that a try. I shutdown the old box with IP address 192.168.0.8. Assigned the IP address 192.168.0.8 to the virtual machine where I was migrating BPS. The BB dispatcher service still wouldn't start.

What if I just created a new installation of BlackBerry Professional Server from scratch? Meaning I will create a new database,  new Blackberry Server name and clean install this on the virtual machine after shutting down the old BPS machine. Will I be able to sync the devices without any issues?

Guru III
My Device:

You will have to reactivate them and possibly wipe them as well.