Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
foolsama
My Device: 9000

SSL required handshakes with SQL?

To better protect our environment from SSL attacks, we have disabled TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, PTC 1 and SSL 2.0.

After restarting the server, we get the following error logged in the Application log:

Log Name:      Application Source:        BlackBerry MDS Connection Service Date:          10/4/2012 5:12:13 AM Event ID:      15000 Task Category: None Level:         Error Keywords:      Classic User:          N/A Computer:      server.domain.local Description: <2012-10-04 04:12:13.947 GMT-05:00>:[84]:<MDS-CS_Instance_MDS-CS_1>:<ERROR>:<LAYER = SCM, com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "SQL Server returned an incomplete response. The connection has been closed.".>

Is there a workaround that I can force Blackberry to use stronger handshake?  Or must I re-enable one of the lesser protocols?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: SSL required handshakes with SQL?

What version BES?

What version mail server?

this might help

BlackBerry Administration Console is unavailable and the BAS-AS log shows "Error: The TDS protocol s...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
foolsama

[ Edited ]

BES Express version 5.0.3

Exchange 2007, hosted on Server 2008 vanillla running on MSSQL 2005.  Blackberry, SQL and Exchange are all on the same server.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

knottyrope wrote:

this might help

BlackBerry Administration Console is unavailable and the BAS-AS log shows "Error: The TDS protocol s...

did the above help at all?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
foolsama

No - the article says the resolution is to upgrade to SP3, which we are on already. 

Second, the SQL server is already on the same server as BESX, which is one of the workarounds provided.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Please use plain text.