Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Onitalle
My Device: Curve

Service BlackBerry Administration Service - Application not starting since windows update on windows server 2003 X32 and SBS 2003 X32 SP2

[ Edited ]

Hi everybody,

Impossible to start the Service BlackBerry Administration Service , also the version of java is good and the regedit ok.

No problem with port so everything is good. I read this article :

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB14697&sliceId=1&cm...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB25011&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB17872&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/BES-5SP2-upgrade-BAS-AS-doesn-t-...

After studing the log on my servers i see the bug since the update for Windows.

The KB are :

KB2709162

KB2707511

KB 2656376-V2

KB 2685939

I am sure , it's an error with one of this update , in the log we got an error with BAS-NCC since the update.

What update i should delete to solve the problem?

Does rim meet a bug with this update from windows ?

Thanks.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Service BlackBerry Administration Service - Application not starting since windows update on windows server 2003 X32 and SBS 2003 X32 SP2

The first version of BES 5 can be affected.

Check your BES version number

1) Go to the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start > Run > appwiz.cpl )

2) Locate the reference to "BlackBerry Enterprise Server", select it and then click "Click here for support information.".

3) The publisher listed should be "Research In Motion" and the Version will be the exact version of BES currently installed.

Also you can learn more about the MR level with the bundle number too.

Let us know what you have

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
Onitalle

Re: Service BlackBerry Administration Service - Application not starting since windows update on windows server 2003 X32 and SBS 2003 X32 SP2

Hi,

The information is :

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for Microsoft Exchange

Version: 5.0.2 (Bundle 14)

What should i do to solve thir problem?.

Thanks,

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

its going to keep coming back until you install Service Pack 3 for BES which has over a years worth of updates.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
Onitalle

Hi,

Thanks you for your reply, so i need to download this patch (SP) for my version ?.

I am note sure if it's the good version , you call SP3 , there is a lot of version and it"s not easy to find the good version.

The version i found is :

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express v5.0.3

•File name: BESX_Express_5.0.3.exe

•File size: 784.0 MB •Date posted:

05-May-2011 •Download Software

•View Release Notes

Link : https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

Can i use this one ? Where i can found the good version?.

Thanks,

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

[ Edited ]

that does look correct

i use this thread for SP info

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Professional-Software/Current-patch-level-of-BES-E...

New Contributor
Onitalle

Hi,

Good news, thank you , we are going to test this patch before.

I want to tell you a big "Merci" and give to you some news.

Goodbye,

New Contributor
Onitalle

Hi,

So we try to update the BES , with service pack 3 , it was not possible because  we need to upgrade the SQL Server Express. The administration decided to stop the migration because it was so complex.That's why we decided to change the mobile phone and better integration with an another technologie.  We decided to stop to use Blackberry, thanks you for your help. Your solution was good but to complex to deploy in my environment..

Thanks,