Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Super Contributor
My Device: Classic, Passport
My Carrier: T-Mobile CZ
Accepted Solution

Syncing calendar to Exchange issue

[ Edited ]
Hi. My calendar synchronisation FROM Exchange to handheld works very good, but if I add a calendar entry in the handheld, it doesnt sync TO Exchange. Email syncing and contacts runs very good in both directions. Do you know this issue and a solution, please? Thanks!
Message Edited by RobertP on 02-15-2009 08:15 AM
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Syncing calendar to Exchange issue

Robert,

What account were you and are you logged on whilst installing the BPS and trying to activate users??

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Super Contributor

Hi. Thanks for helping me. I was logged as BESadmin as memebr of Domain Administrator. Is this the problem? Is it really necessary to uninstall and install the BPS server again? Isnt it enoug only to change the besdmin rights ot to create a new besadmin account?
Forums Advisor III

If the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account is a member of the Domain Administrators or Enterprise Administrators groups, the Send As permission will automatically be revoked. Without the Send As permission, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server will not be able to update the BlackBerry smartphone user’s calendar on the Microsoft Exchange Server.

One-way wireless calendar synchronization for one or more BlackBerry device users

You won't need to uninstall as you actually created a service account. Alot of ppl with this issue just installed the bes under admin without an additional account. Just read through the above post.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Super Contributor

Hi. Than you for help! I just removed the Domain Administrator memebership from the BESadmin account, restarted the whole server, but no change, the calendar syncing issue is still the same. Do you know some other help, please?
Forums Advisor III

Woman Very Happyno no no!!

Its not a simple thing!!

It takes time and if u're not a qualified BES tech (which i'm assuming your not as you installed it incorrectly), then I suggest you invest in getting one on site.

There is one more article I will give you, but judging on the speed of the response, you didn't go through any of the article to check the permissions. Do u understand it needs permissions to view and send on behalf of the users??

Here check this one out..  Please go through it s-l-o-w-l-y

Assigning permissions for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account

If you're in Australia, I'm happy to consult over the phone.

OR
~Gday from Down Under~
Super Contributor

Hi. You are very nice to help me! I am sorry, not from Australia, but Europe Smiley Happy

I thing, the only problem I made was the memebrship of besadmin in the Domain Admins gourp. Other things are OK. So what would you recomed me, please? To change the all permissions of the besadmin account, create a new besadmin account or to reinstall the server?

Super Contributor

P.S.During the Installation I followed up these instructions:

ftp://ftp.hughsymons.com/Hugh%20Symons%20Telecom%20-%20Reseller%20Area/BlackBerry/Technical/Installi...

Look at the page 4 :

Assign the BesAdmin user account local administrative rights
Once the BesAdmin user account has been created, it will need to be assigned local administrative rights on the
Exchange server that the Blackberry software is to be installed on.
If the Exchange server is also a domain controller, the BesAdmin user will need to be added to the Domain
Administrators group. Return to the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC Snap In you used in the last
step. Open the properties for the BesAdmin user account. Click on the Member Of tab and add the user to the
Domain Admins group.

The guy must be stupid because of he exactlly writes that if the Exchange is a domain controler (mine is) the besadmin must be in tge Domain Admins group!! Smiley Mad

Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

Why would u follow instructions that aren't even from the creators/company?

Please read back through all the articles I have posted for you.

Go through them slowly. print them out. If you need assistance, source a qualified Blackberry Tech.

I gave you the exact resolution for the error you are experiencing and I gave you extra info on checking and assigning permissions..

Woman Tongue

Sorry If i seem short tempered. Perhaps someone else can assist you further, but they shouldn't need to if you follow the instructions I have given you. I have just spent all day trying to sort out people who installed their BES's incorrectly both in person and on the phone so I am exhausted of trying to explain it.

Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by bumblepie on 02-16-2009 03:45 PM
OR
~Gday from Down Under~
Super Contributor

Hi. I checked everything in the documents you described and have folowing problem: The BESadmin account has in the Exchange System Management / Administrative Groups / first administrative group / Servers / Properties in the Security folder of our Exchange server the Send As and Receive As permisson allowed AND denied, it means both! I am not able to uncheck the denied option, because it is grey and inherited from somewhere. Did you ever have problem like this?