Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
Coopfab
My Device: Not Specified

Tour 9630 Stopped sending or receiving emails

Out of the blue my Tour stopped sending and receiving emails, although I can use the phone to make and receive calls.  I did a cold reboot of the Tour, to no effect, and all services in Blackberry Professional Software v. 4.1.4.3 are running.  I even stopped and restarted the software to no avail.  While I think the issue is planned obsolescence of the Tour, I need to be sure.  How can I troubleshoot this issue.  Thanks in advance for your help and interest.  Michael

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Tour 9630 Stopped sending or receiving emails

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

hope they didnt change your data plan

It is a BESAdmin rite of passage to go through the gauntlet of correcting the right BES data plan with your carrier.

Under Manage Connections on the device (OS 5 and higher), there's a services status which tells if connected to the data network.

For BES dataplan testing.

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.