Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Unable to Complete Wired Activation BESx / BIS Device

Failed to create random secrect hash

That line does not show up much in googles searches.

You did say you wiped the device as well?

Maybe there is an issue with the users mail box, can you activate on a different new account?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: 9900 Bold
My Carrier: TSTT (bMobile)

Knotty,

I have made some progress on this ... I was finally able to get the device to generate a new encryption key which seemed to be where the barrier was ... After the encryption key was generated (on users PC via Desktop Manager) then the activation started.  The EA completed without any issues, however, now we have a new issue ...

As I mentioned before, this is a BIS provisioned device, which, by all accounts should be able to function on BESX just like a BES provisioned device but without wireless activation ....

So, the issue now is that the user sees "Status: Service Blocked" when attempting to send emails and does not receive any emails inbound.  I know this to be a provisioning issue, but again, BIS provisioned devices are supposed to work on BESX from my understanding - is there someone obious I am missing that is preventing wireless communication with the device?

William

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What carrier? There are a few that do not support BIS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

I was just thinking the same thing and just finished pressing send on an email to the provider ... They claim to support BIS on BESX but I have asked them to "double check."

The provider is Telecommunications Services of Trinidad & Tobago (TSTT, which is a Cable & Wireless company). 

Guru III
My Device:

Hopefully they respond, say yes and its a provisioning error.

Highlighted
Contributor

Turns out it was a provisioning/network issue.  The local WSP "thought" they had set up with RIM to allow BESX over BIS, turns out they were wrong!  They are now committing to fixing this issue ... I will hold my breathe - in the mean time they upgraded the provisioning on the account I was working on - works wonderfully.

Thanks for all your help Knotty....

Guru III
My Device:

Your Welcome, glad to have helped out.