Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
T0bster
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Vodafone

Unable to create IT Policy on new BES Express Installation

Dear Experts

I am totally new to BES so please excuse my massive ignorance.

I have installed BES Express on our Exchange 2003 Server following this guide:-

http://forums.pinstack.com/f9/garys_bes_install_guide_for_sbs_2003_a-13491/

The install went OK and I didn't receive any errors.  As per the guide I used an AD account called BESadmin.  I have since created an account for myself and added my account to the administrators group.

I am logging in to the administration service on the server using Internet Explorer 8.

The problem I've got is when I try to create a new IT Policy via the administration service (logged in as myself or BESadmin) I get an error saying:-

• The request could not be completed.

I haven't got as far as adding any devices yet!

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Toby

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Unable to create IT Policy on new BES Express Installation

Look at the BAS logs files to see if anything stand outs

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
T0bster

Thanks for your response.

I couldn't see anything obvious in the server event viewer.

However looking at the BES log files I found a bunch of errors in this file:-

SERVER_BBAS-AS_01_20110824_0001.txt

(08/24 19:51:17:894):{Thread-5} [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] [WARN] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.xarecovery1] Local XARecoveryModule.xaRecovery  got XA exception javax.transaction.xa.XAException: Error trying to connect to provider java:/ClusterJMSProvider, XAException.XAER_RMERR

**I log into the server...

(08/24 19:51:26:362):{http-WELLNESS1.wellness.local%2F10.2.8.18-3443-12} [com.rim.bes.bas.commands.securitymanager.SecurityLogin] [INFO] [BBAS-1006] {unknown} Logged in user tatkins
(08/24 19:52:00:862):{http-WELLNESS1.wellness.local%2F10.2.8.18-3443-7}

**Then I try to add a new policy and there is an unhandled exception....

[com.rim.bes.bas.BASExceptionStackInterceptor] [WARN] [BBAS-2007] {u=3, uc=-1, o=0, t=114805} Caught unhandled RuntimeException in org.jboss.ejb3.EJBContainerInvocation method createITPolicy - java.lang.NullPointerException

*** Start of original stack trace ***

javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.jboss.ejb3.tx.Ejb3TxPolicy.handleExceptionInOurTx(Ejb3TxPolicy.java:63)
    at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:83)
    at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxInterceptor$Required.invoke(TxInterceptor.java:191)
    at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
    at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(TxPropagationInterceptor.java:94)
    at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.BASExceptionStackInterceptor.invoke(BASExceptionStackInterceptor.java:85)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessInstanceInterceptor.java:70)
    at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.ReplicantsManagerInterceptor.invoke(ReplicantsManagerInterceptor.java:51)
    at org.jboss.aspects.security.RoleBasedAuthorizationInterceptor.invoke(RoleBasedAuthorizationInterceptor.java:166)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.security.RoleBasedAuthorizationInterceptor.invoke(RoleBasedAuthorizationInterceptor.java:108)
    at org.jboss.aspects.security.AuthenticationInterceptor.invoke(AuthenticationInterceptor.java:77)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.security.Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptor.invoke(Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptor.java:139)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.BASRemoteExceptionHandlerInterceptor.invoke(BASRemoteExceptionHandlerInterceptor.java:128)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.ENCPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ENCPropagationInterceptor.java:46)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.asynchronous.AsynchronousInterceptor.invoke(AsynchronousInterceptor.java:106)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessContainer.dynamicInvoke(StatelessContainer.java:281)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.IsLocalInterceptor.invokeLocal(IsLocalInterceptor.java:81)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.ClusteredIsLocalInterceptor.invoke(ClusteredIsLocalInterceptor.java:53)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessClusteredProxy.invoke(StatelessClusteredProxy.java:113)
    at $Proxy521.createITPolicy(Unknown Source)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.commands.itpolicymanager.CreateITPolicy.handleServerDoit(CreateITPolicy.java:304)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.command.ServerCommand.handleDoit(ServerCommand.java:154)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.command.Command.doit(Command.java:247)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.adminconsole.pages.itpolicy.CreateITPolicyPage.createITPolicy(CreateITPolicyPage.java:285)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.adminconsole.pages.itpolicy.CreateITPolicyPage.onSaveAll(CreateITPolicyPage.java:232)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.invokeTargetMethod(ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.java:214)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.invokeListenerMethod(ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.java:155)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.searchAndInvoke(ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.java:124)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.invokeListenerMethod(ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.java:69)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.SyntheticListener.actionTriggered(SyntheticListener.java:51)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerInvokerTerminator.invokeListener(ListenerInvokerTerminator.java:51)
    at $ListenerInvoker_131f688fa89.invokeListener($ListenerInvoker_131f688fa89.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.form.AbstractSubmit$1.run(AbstractSubmit.java:88)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxFormSupportImpl.runDeferredRunnables(AjaxFormSupportImpl.java:664)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxFormSupportImpl.rewind(AjaxFormSupportImpl.java:643)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxForm.renderComponentDelegate(AjaxForm.java:303)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxForm.renderComponent(AjaxForm.java:84)
    at $AjaxForm_321.renderComponent($AjaxForm_321.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:617)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxForm.rewind(AjaxForm.java:140)
    at org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.rewindForm(RequestCycle.java:439)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxForm.trigger(AjaxForm.java:410)
    at org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.triggerComponent(DirectService.java:152)
    at org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.service(DirectService.java:138)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.service.DirectService.service(DirectService.java:58)
    at $IEngineService_131f688fd00.service($IEngineService_131f688fd00.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.EngineServiceOuterProxy.service(EngineServiceOuterProxy.java:66)
    at org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.service(AbstractEngine.java:248)
    at org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.InvokeEngineTerminator.service(InvokeEngineTerminator.java:60)
    at $WebRequestServicer_131f688fcd7.service($WebRequestServicer_131f688fcd7.java)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.console.ObjectCacheServiceFilter.service(ObjectCacheServiceFilter.java:72)
    at $WebRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcdb.service($WebRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcdb.java)
    at $WebRequestServicer_131f688fcdd.service($WebRequestServicer_131f688fcdd.java)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.ServiceFilter.service(ServiceFilter.java:70)
    at $WebRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcd9.service($WebRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcd9.java)
    at $WebRequestServicer_131f688fcdd.service($WebRequestServicer_131f688fcdd.java)
    at $WebRequestServicer_131f688fcd3.service($WebRequestServicer_131f688fcd3.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.WebRequestServicerPipelineBridge.service(WebRequestServicerPipelineBridge.java:56)
    at $ServletRequestServicer_131f688fcb9.service($ServletRequestServicer_131f688fcb9.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.request.DecodedRequestInjector.service(DecodedRequestInjector.java:55)
    at $ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb5.service($ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb5.java)
    at $ServletRequestServicer_131f688fcbb.service($ServletRequestServicer_131f688fcbb.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.multipart.MultipartDecoderFilter.service(MultipartDecoderFilter.java:52)
    at $ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb3.service($ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb3.java)
    at $ServletRequestServicer_131f688fcbb.service($ServletRequestServicer_131f688fcbb.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.SetupRequestEncoding.service(SetupRequestEncoding.java:53)
    at $ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb7.service($ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb7.java)
    at $ServletRequestServicer_131f688fab3.service($ServletRequestServicer_131f688fab3.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doService(ApplicationServlet.java:123)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.BASApplicationServlet.doService(BASApplicationServlet.java:162)
    at org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doPost(ApplicationServlet.java:168)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.CSRFProtectionFilter.doFilter(CSRFProtectionFilter.java:108)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.ResponseHeadersFilter.doFilter(ResponseHeadersFilter.java:85)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.filter.SystemStartupProgressFilter.doFilter(SystemStartupProgressFilter.java:187)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:173)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:182)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.rim.bes.bas.itpolicymanager.ITPolicyManagerUtilities.createItPolicyPayload(ITPolicyManagerUtilities.java:633)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.itpolicymanager.ITPolicyManagerBean._createITPolicy(ITPolicyManagerBean.java:778)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.itpolicymanager.ITPolicyManagerBean._createITPolicy(ITPolicyManagerBean.java:669)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.itpolicymanager.ITPolicyManagerBean.createITPolicy(ITPolicyManagerBean.java:554)
    at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:112)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.InvocationContextImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:166)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.BASCustomAnnotationHandlerInterceptor.execute(BASCustomAnnotationHandlerInterceptor.java:106)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor200.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.InvocationContextImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:118)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.EJB3InterceptorsInterceptor.invoke(EJB3InterceptorsInterceptor.java:63)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.entity.TransactionScopedEntityManagerInterceptor.invoke(TransactionScopedEntityManagerInterceptor.java:54)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.AllowedOperationsInterceptor.invoke(AllowedOperationsInterceptor.java:47)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.BASApplicationDeadlockInterceptor.invoke(BASApplicationDeadlockInterceptor.java:99)
    at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:79)
    ... 113 more

*** end of original stack trace ***

javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.jboss.ejb3.tx.Ejb3TxPolicy.handleExceptionInOurTx(Ejb3TxPolicy.java:63)
    at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:83)
    at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxInterceptor$Required.invoke(TxInterceptor.java:191)
    at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(TxPropagationInterceptor.java:94)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.BASExceptionStackInterceptor.invoke(BASExceptionStackInterceptor.java:85)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessInstanceInterceptor.java:70)
    at org.jboss.aspects.remoting.ReplicantsManagerInterceptor.invoke(ReplicantsManagerInterceptor.java:51)
    at org.jboss.aspects.security.RoleBasedAuthorizationInterceptor.invoke(RoleBasedAuthorizationInterceptor.java:166)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.security.RoleBasedAuthorizationInterceptor.invoke(RoleBasedAuthorizationInterceptor.java:108)
    at org.jboss.aspects.security.AuthenticationInterceptor.invoke(AuthenticationInterceptor.java:77)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.security.Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptor.invoke(Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptor.java:139)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.BASRemoteExceptionHandlerInterceptor.invoke(BASRemoteExceptionHandlerInterceptor.java:128)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.ENCPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ENCPropagationInterceptor.java:46)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.asynchronous.AsynchronousInterceptor.invoke(AsynchronousInterceptor.java:106)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessContainer.dynamicInvoke(StatelessContainer.java:281)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.IsLocalInterceptor.invokeLocal(IsLocalInterceptor.java:81)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.remoting.ClusteredIsLocalInterceptor.invoke(ClusteredIsLocalInterceptor.java:53)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.stateless.StatelessClusteredProxy.invoke(StatelessClusteredProxy.java:113)
    at $Proxy521.createITPolicy(Unknown Source)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.commands.itpolicymanager.CreateITPolicy.handleServerDoit(CreateITPolicy.java:304)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.command.ServerCommand.handleDoit(ServerCommand.java:154)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.command.Command.doit(Command.java:247)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.adminconsole.pages.itpolicy.CreateITPolicyPage.createITPolicy(CreateITPolicyPage.java:285)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.adminconsole.pages.itpolicy.CreateITPolicyPage.onSaveAll(CreateITPolicyPage.java:232)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.invokeTargetMethod(ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.java:214)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.invokeListenerMethod(ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.java:155)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.searchAndInvoke(ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.java:124)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.invokeListenerMethod(ListenerMethodInvokerImpl.java:69)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.SyntheticListener.actionTriggered(SyntheticListener.java:51)
    at org.apache.tapestry.listener.ListenerInvokerTerminator.invokeListener(ListenerInvokerTerminator.java:51)
    at $ListenerInvoker_131f688fa89.invokeListener($ListenerInvoker_131f688fa89.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.form.AbstractSubmit$1.run(AbstractSubmit.java:88)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxFormSupportImpl.runDeferredRunnables(AjaxFormSupportImpl.java:664)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxFormSupportImpl.rewind(AjaxFormSupportImpl.java:643)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxForm.renderComponentDelegate(AjaxForm.java:303)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxForm.renderComponent(AjaxForm.java:84)
    at $AjaxForm_321.renderComponent($AjaxForm_321.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.AbstractComponent.render(AbstractComponent.java:617)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxForm.rewind(AjaxForm.java:140)
    at org.apache.tapestry.engine.RequestCycle.rewindForm(RequestCycle.java:439)
    at net.sf.tacos.ajax.components.AjaxForm.trigger(AjaxForm.java:410)
    at org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.triggerComponent(DirectService.java:152)
    at org.apache.tapestry.engine.DirectService.service(DirectService.java:138)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.service.DirectService.service(DirectService.java:58)
    at $IEngineService_131f688fd00.service($IEngineService_131f688fd00.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.EngineServiceOuterProxy.service(EngineServiceOuterProxy.java:66)
    at org.apache.tapestry.engine.AbstractEngine.service(AbstractEngine.java:248)
    at org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.InvokeEngineTerminator.service(InvokeEngineTerminator.java:60)
    at $WebRequestServicer_131f688fcd7.service($WebRequestServicer_131f688fcd7.java)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.console.ObjectCacheServiceFilter.service(ObjectCacheServiceFilter.java:72)
    at $WebRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcdb.service($WebRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcdb.java)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.ServiceFilter.service(ServiceFilter.java:70)
    at $WebRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcd9.service($WebRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcd9.java)
    at $WebRequestServicer_131f688fcd3.service($WebRequestServicer_131f688fcd3.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.WebRequestServicerPipelineBridge.service(WebRequestServicerPipelineBridge.java:56)
    at $ServletRequestServicer_131f688fcb9.service($ServletRequestServicer_131f688fcb9.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.request.DecodedRequestInjector.service(DecodedRequestInjector.java:55)
    at $ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb5.service($ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb5.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.multipart.MultipartDecoderFilter.service(MultipartDecoderFilter.java:52)
    at $ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb3.service($ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb3.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.services.impl.SetupRequestEncoding.service(SetupRequestEncoding.java:53)
    at $ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb7.service($ServletRequestServicerFilter_131f688fcb7.java)
    at $ServletRequestServicer_131f688fab3.service($ServletRequestServicer_131f688fab3.java)
    at org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doService(ApplicationServlet.java:123)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.BASApplicationServlet.doService(BASApplicationServlet.java:162)
    at org.apache.tapestry.ApplicationServlet.doPost(ApplicationServlet.java:168)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.CSRFProtectionFilter.doFilter(CSRFProtectionFilter.java:108)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.ResponseHeadersFilter.doFilter(ResponseHeadersFilter.java:85)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.web.common.filter.SystemStartupProgressFilter.doFilter(SystemStartupProgressFilter.java:187)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:173)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:182)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.rim.bes.bas.itpolicymanager.ITPolicyManagerUtilities.createItPolicyPayload(ITPolicyManagerUtilities.java:633)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.itpolicymanager.ITPolicyManagerBean._createITPolicy(ITPolicyManagerBean.java:778)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.itpolicymanager.ITPolicyManagerBean._createITPolicy(ITPolicyManagerBean.java:669)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.itpolicymanager.ITPolicyManagerBean.createITPolicy(ITPolicyManagerBean.java:554)
    at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:112)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.InvocationContextImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:166)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.BASCustomAnnotationHandlerInterceptor.execute(BASCustomAnnotationHandlerInterceptor.java:106)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor200.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.InvocationContextImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:118)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.EJB3InterceptorsInterceptor.invoke(EJB3InterceptorsInterceptor.java:63)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.entity.TransactionScopedEntityManagerInterceptor.invoke(TransactionScopedEntityManagerInterceptor.java:54)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.AllowedOperationsInterceptor.invoke(AllowedOperationsInterceptor.java:47)
    at com.rim.bes.bas.BASApplicationDeadlockInterceptor.invoke(BASApplicationDeadlockInterceptor.java:99)
    at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:79)
    ... 113 more
(08/24 19:53:27:894):{Thread-5} [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] [WARN] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.xarecovery1] Local XARecoveryModule.xaRecovery  got XA exception javax.transaction.xa.XAException: Error trying to connect to provider java:/ClusterJMSProvider, XAException.XAER_RMERR
(08/24 19:55:37:894):{Thread-5} [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] [WARN] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.xarecovery1] Local XARecoveryModule.xaRecovery  got XA exception javax.transaction.xa.XAException: Error trying to connect to provider java:/ClusterJMSProvider, XAException.XAER_RMERR

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Java been updated? Dont update it, it is not needed but check the following

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14697

Also modify this key, it seems to get the wrong value during an upgrade for some.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\BAS-AS\Parameters\JVM Option Number 3

-Xmx1024m
by
-Xmx768m

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
T0bster

Apparently on the server I am running Java SE6 Update 24

I have changed that registry key to Xmx768m

Just installing some windows updates, then I'm going to restart the server.

Java wants to update.  Is it a good idea to do so?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

if java updates you have to make sure it is pointed to correct place again.

I have never updated it on mine.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
T0bster

I have reooted my server and now I can't get into the administration site at all!

I'm getting event ID 373 in the application log...

The description for Event ID ( 373 ) in Source ( Blackberry Notification System ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event:  IDS_25000               getListBESdatabases: COM Error 0x80004005 - Unspecified error - Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server - Description [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. - Command: getListBESdatabases.

Help!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
T0bster

OK, I've now reverted to the previous registry key and restarted the services.  The administration page opened OK and I managed to add a policy!!

I don't think I've actually changed anything....Maybe the server just needed a reboot!

Anyway thanks for your assistance!  :-)

Please use plain text.