Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Matthew2785
My Device: Not Specified

Unable to send email from Mobil Device

[ Edited ]
So I am new to this site but it has been a awesome help already but I am totally stumped at this point. I’m an IT manager for a school district and we just purchased 12 Licenses for the Blackberry Professional software. I have all the Blackberry’s setup and installed and they have been working for about a week now with no issues. Just recently I got a request from one of the users that they couldn’t send email from their phone on their exchange account. Personal Email addresses work no problem send and receiveEverything will sync with outlook (calendar, tasks, memos, and inbox) But the user cannot send messages via the exchange account from the phone it starts to go then gives a red X. I was guessing it is something on the server not working a rule or service, something like that but I don’t even know where to look. Can someone please help???
Message Edited by Matthew2785 on 06-25-2009 03:38 PM
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Re: Unable to send email from Mobil Device

If the user opens up the messages that failed, what does the error message say?

You could also look at the ALRT or MAGT log file on the BPS Server and look for the time that they tried to send the message to see the error ...

Check this post out: KB's related to email sending issues

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor
Matthew2785

I will get the users phone this morning and see if I can open the message and get what it says. I will look at the log and see what it says and let you know.

Thanks for the info!

New Contributor
TheRealEvilOne
My Device: Bold 9000

Any time I've seen the Red X of Death, it's been because of rights issues. If you check the security tab in AD for the user, does the Blackberry account you created show up? If you click on the advanced button, is the box checked off for inheriting rights?

New Contributor
Matthew2785

Yeah that was the first thing I looked for was permissions because it couldn't be a service or rule because wouldn't that get applied to all the users and not just 1 out of the 12?

I don't see any error messages or anything like that. This afternoon I am going to try taking the users handset and whipping it after doing a backup and then re-doing the activation to see if that corrects the issue.

Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

Matthew2785 wrote:

Yeah that was the first thing I looked for was permissions because it couldn't be a service or rule because wouldn't that get applied to all the users and not just 1 out of the 12?

I don't see any error messages or anything like that. This afternoon I am going to try taking the users handset and whipping it after doing a backup and then re-doing the activation to see if that corrects the issue.

If you'd like, zip up a set of the days logs and email it to BBAndyDufresne@gmail.com. Please also make sure to include a link to this thread so I know what the message is referencing / where to respond.

I'll post back any relevant content removing anything personally identifiable / confidential.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor
TheRealEvilOne
My Device: Bold 9000

Are you running Exchange 2003 or 2007?
New Contributor
Matthew2785

Hey look for an email from me. I just sent you a copy of a log file you probably have a lot more skill then I do look at those things. So look for an email from me.

thanks for all the help.

New Contributor
Matthew2785

[ Edited ]
Exchange 2003 on a Server 2003 R2 Box
Message Edited by Matthew2785 on 06-30-2009 08:49 AM
Contributor
MerryBerry

The famous Red-X. When I encountered this, the user was a member of the domain admins group. See if this article matches your situation. Check your event logs. 

http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/forums/blackberry-general-discussion/2129-user-cant-send-emails-a...