Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
LarterG
My Device: N/A
Accepted Solution

Unhandled GUI Exception with BlackBerry Transporter.

I'm on a customer's site and I've got a problem with the BlackBerry Transporter.

There are currently two existing BES servers:

• PBES001 running BESX 5.0.3.41 (installed by customer, uses ESM2003)
  • PBES002 running full BES 5.0.2.28 (installed by RIM, uses ExchangeMAPICDO)

Each server is using its own configuration database (i.e. no HA here).

I've installed a new server PBES003 running BESX 5.0.4.27 (uses ExchangeMAPICDO).

BlackBerry Transporter 5.0.4.7 is installed on PBES003.

I have a Manifest XML file for a guinea pig migration from PBES002 to PBES003 which worked perfectly and is still working perfectly.

I'm trying to create a manifest XML for a migration from PBES001.

Regardless of which server I specify as a destination (either PBES002 or PBES003); once I choose to accept the SQL configuration, the application is crashing with the following in the log files:

(02/08 10:57:32.542):{0x1D98:1} [ERROR] Unhandled GUI exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: v1

at System.Version.op_LessThan(Version v1, Version v2)

at Rim.Enterprise.Brk.EnterpriseTransporterGUI.FormMainDialog.Step3Enable()

at Rim.Enterprise.Brk.EnterpriseTransporterGUI.FormMainDialog.UpdateDatabaseInfo()

at Rim.Enterprise.Brk.EnterpriseTransporterGUI.FormMainDialog.OnPropertiesNotify(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at Rim.Enterprise.Brk.EnterpriseTransporter.PropertiesModel.Notify()

at Rim.Enterprise.Brk.EnterpriseTransporter.PropertiesModel.UpdateDestinationDBConnection(String label, String connectionString)

at Rim.Enterprise.Brk.EnterpriseTransporterGUI.FormDBConf.AcceptChanges()

at Rim.Enterprise.Brk.EnterpriseTransporterGUI.FormDBConf.buttonOk_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I've installed the Transporter on another box and attempted to create the same manifests there. As soon as I reference PBES001, I'm getting the exact same issue.

To me, it's looking like an issue with the Transporter and not the BES servers. It seems to be extracting a version number from PBES001 but is being passed a null value instead. It would be nice to know if there is a workaround/fix for this.

New Contributor
LarterG

Re: Unhandled GUI Exception with BlackBerry Transporter.

Got some more information for you all.

After trawling through the logs in a bit more detail, it would appear that PBES001 is not returning a Database Schema version. So I'm guessing that I need to check the database to determine why that value is missing.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

See if windows firewall is blocking access to the database

Also fie up SSMS and see if you can connect to it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
LarterG

@KnottyRope:

Thanks for the help. Whilst it didn't specifically help, it did enlighten me to a specific configuration that I wasn't aware of.

SSMS connected okay and identified that there was both a BESMgmt and a BESMgmtX database. I'd assumed that it was a vanilla configuration (hardly my fault in light of the fact that my customer didn't know how it was configured at all).

Once I selected BESMgmtX as the configuration database, I was able to connect and retrieve the list of users and devices.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

well glad to see you made progress, SSMS can be helpful at times

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V