Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
phlight
My Device: Curve
Accepted Solution

User missing some of his contacts BESX 5

Hello,

I have a user with 1107 contacts in Outlook but only 1085 on his phone (9650 OS6).  This issue was happening with his previous phone a few weeks ago (same model OS5).  I have reloaded his contacts via RSET command but it still has the same number of contacts.  It seems like all the contacts that he added on 5/25 to Outlook aren't showing up.  I have only been able to check with a few other users and it seems like they have all their contacts.  I haven't tested yet if I create a new contact if it syncs (the user is on the road often)

I've looked at KB10953 but it seemed a bit dated and I was concerned that it may not apply to my situation.

Windows application log shows the following event IDs

Thanks,

BESX 5.0.1 Bundle 12
SQL: Local, SQL 2005
Exchange 2007
CDO 1.21 v6.5.8165.0
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: User missing some of his contacts BESX 5

Start with this.

In outlook Make a new folder for contacts called backup

move all contacts to the folder and wait for all to be removed from device

then pull battery on device and put back in

After device boots move contacts from backup to the contacts folder and wait for them all to appear

Make a new contact in outlook and see if it gets to the device.

then try

KB10953 - Contacts do not synchronize between BlackBerry smartphones and Microsoft Outlook

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
phlight
My Device: Curve

Thanks for the rapid response to my question.  Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  The method of moving the contacts back and forth worked for me.

BESX 5.0.1 Bundle 12
SQL: Local, SQL 2005
Exchange 2007
CDO 1.21 v6.5.8165.0
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

your welcome and glad to see it worked for you

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V