Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: iPhone
My Carrier: Vodafone

Users with multiple exchange accounts on BES Express

[ Edited ]

I currently have some Blackberry users on BIS with multiple Microsoft Exchange accounts. (which doesnt seem to work reliably) I want to install BES Express to connect with the Exchange 2007 server. If I do am I going to be able to enable the users to access their 3 exchange accounts from 1 handset?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Users with multiple exchange accounts on BES Express

no, only one main email account for each device when in the same blackberry domain.

can you use aliases?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks for that

The users need to keep each account separate and to be able to email out with 3 different addresses. What are aliases?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

an alias can be used in a mail server to consolidate email accounts into one master one

i have admin, webmaster and help as an alias to my email account

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

So aliases are just multiple addreses on a single account. Within exchange users are only allowed to send with the primary address and as I need my users to send out with the address of the account they are using this doesnt solve my problem

Its a shame Blackberry cant do this as all other mobile phone operating systems use active sync which allows multiple accounts

Thanks for you assistance anyway as it has answered my query as to whether to install BES Express