Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Dougt
My Device: 9550

Veritas Network Backup Errors

New install of BES Express on our Exchange 2003 box, running Windows Server 2003 SP2. Since the install, our Veritas backup  Exec program is give the following errors (pasted below).

1.) I'm quite certain the SQL errors are due to the database being live or in production. To resolve this I'm guessing we have to purchase an SQL agent which will allow backup of a live database.  Can someone confirm this?

2.) Is there a need to backup this data if we are using LDAP from Exchange. I looked for a "best practices" document from RIM on what should be backup up, but cannot find anything. Any help would be greatly apprecited.

Thanks,

Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup - \\EXCHANGEDC\C:
Directory \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\WINDOWS\SYSVOL\sysvol\xxxx.local\DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory ...

Exceptions
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log

Backup - \\EXCHANGEDC\D: Data
Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\BESMgm...Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\BESMgm...

Backup - \\EXCHANGEDC\C:
Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\master...Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\mastlo...Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\model....Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\modell...Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\msdbda...Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\msdblo...Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\tempdb...Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\templo...Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp\dhcp.mdb - skipped.Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp\j50.log - skipped.Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\WINDOWS\system32\dhcp\j50tmp.log - skipped.Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\j50.log - skipped.Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\j50tmp.log - skipped.Unable to open the item \\EXCHANGEDC\C:\WINDOWS\system32\wins\wins.mdb - skipped. 
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Veritas Network Backup Errors

[ Edited ]

Dont bother with SQL agent, not worth the price.

I use the SQL server (knot express version) to do the backup to a flat file and have veritas back up the flat file. I keep 3 days on server so hopefully I will never need tape version.

or for a simple cheap way

http://sqlbackupandftp.com/

LDAP is not enough, BES needs teh database backed up unless you want to reinstall and activate all users.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V