Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
prestigetech
My Device: BlackBerry 8330m

Web Desktop Manager and BB Admin Service not displaying

Hey Guys,

This is my first brush with BBES, so I decided to install the Express version on a test server with Exchange 07.

The installation went OK, and when the install was done, it displayed web addressed for the Desktop Manager and the BB Admin Services. I tried them, and of course, the addresses didn't resolve. I checked IIS and I don't see any trace of a new site, so I got suspicious of how I was supposed to access the pages.

I then checked the installation logs and noticed that it had installed Apache (or at least checked for it) - and of course, I also can't find any trace of Apache anywhere.

Googled around and found some resources, http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB18175 being one of them. It makes sense that port 443 would conflict (OWA), but according to my installation, I installed HTTPS on port 663, which doesn't conflict with anything. Restarted BBES services and still nothing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

New Contributor
prestigetech

Re: Web Desktop Manager and BB Admin Service not displaying

Nevermind - finally got it... A reboot and a few other minor fixes got it working. Thanks

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Glad to hear it is working.

Mind sharing your minor fixes?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
PriSupport
My Device: Not Specified

Yes do tell, same issue here on e2k3 front end with OWA.

Thanks.

New Contributor
prestigetech

I'm sorry, I wish I would have posted back... I remeber running into this same thing on more than one installation too - now I cannot recall what the "minor" changes were. I am sure the reboot was important though.

New Contributor
PriSupport

Thanks for posting back.

I am spinning in the same path as you...IIS not aware of it, no apache no tomcat, my install is under port other than 443

https://server.domain.com:3443/webconsole/login as it matches what's under Administration Service - High Availability tab, I have even changed it to 3663 for the hell of it,I have restarted the server...and the services a few times.

I just don't get how this interface is being served if there is no webserver behind it and IIS is not aware of it. One thing that might be different is that I am redirecting the IIS home directory to url of

https://sub.domain.com/exchange and using form authentication on OWA -but this is not unusual and again there is no "webconsole" under my IIS site.

Very demoralizing start with BES...

New Contributor
PriSupport

I ended up redoing the install and all is well. Go figure.

Thanks.