If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
cookies
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telstra

browsing going via BIS instead of proxy via BES

Hi all

I'm running BESx 5.0.2.29

The previous setup was that users were routed via the proxy server and were prompted for authentication.

I'm trying to change it to go via the proxy, but have bes authenticate for the users (no more prompting)

Have HTTP authentication support enabled set to yes
Have entered a username and password in the the MDS proxy mapping setting: [TD="class: uRLRegExprColumnValue"].*://.*(:\d*)?(/.*)*(\?.*)?[/TD]

Have restarted the MDS service.

The phone (OS6) seems to be going out via BIS, as the http requests are not appearing in the proxy logs. I can't disable the IBS browser on BESx (policy not available), is there something else that needs to be set ?
The above configuration works perfectly on the bes professional server.

thanks.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: browsing going via BIS instead of proxy via BES

cookies wrote:
Hi all

I'm running BESx 5.0.2.29

The previous setup was that users were routed via the proxy server and were prompted for authentication.

I'm trying to change it to go via the proxy, but have bes authenticate for the users (no more prompting)

Have HTTP authentication support enabled set to yes
Have entered a username and password in the the MDS proxy mapping setting: [TD="class: uRLRegExprColumnValue"].*://.*(:\d*)?(/.*)*(\?.*)?[/TD]

Have restarted the MDS service.

The phone (OS6) seems to be going out via BIS, as the http requests are not appearing in the proxy logs. I can't disable the IBS browser on BESx (policy not available), is there something else that needs to be set ?
The above configuration works perfectly on the bes professional server.

thanks.

BES express is limited in IT policies and you cant block internet access with it like you can with Full version of BES.

BPS was full verion but limited to 30 users.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cookies
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telstra

Great, so by releasing OS6 which "prefers" BIS over the BES connection, its effectvely broken the browsing on BESx. :No:

I already hit the 30 user limit on Bes prof, hence the need for an additional BESx server.

Thanks for the reply, knotty rope.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

for around 2800 you can upgrade BPS to BES 5. I ended up doing that. You also get 5 CALs for it too with that price.

OS 6 didnt break it either. OS 5 and lower you can change the default browser on the phone.

KB16463 - How to change the default browser on a BlackBerry smartphone

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.