Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
stevenh
My Device: Not Specified

do i need to do anything when we change ISP and external IP?

Hi, we've already installed the Professional software/server on our internal network, everything is fine and PDA can talk to server and get the mail message via internet/wireless.

Next week, our company will change ISP and get a whole new IP addresses. Will the client can still talk to our server via wireless/internet network? Do I need to do anything on the client and on the server?

I wonder if our server has registered our current external IP on Blackberry network or on the blackberry services provider network. If we change our external IP address, the service will not work. many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: do i need to do anything when we change ISP and external IP?

as long as your Exch stays in the same domain as BBprofessional nothing will go wrong. Professional talks to Exch on UDP/MAPI connection not IP.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stevenh

Hi, BBsingh. our exch server and BBprofessional server  stay same internal IP/domain, so i'm not worry about the commnication between BB server and exch server.

Because  our firewall/ISP  and external IP will change, i worry about the internet commnication between BB server and BB phone

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh

BlackBerry server talks to blackberry infrastructure via port 3101 and then infrastructure talks to devices. all you have to make sure is port 3101 is open for blackberry server to communicate externally.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jofficer

Am in a slightly similar situation.

We've got a new install going on and we're pretty tight with security.  We're fine with opening our network to allow outbound connections to port 3101 from our BES server, but we want to isolate the connections to JUST the Blackberry network(s).  Can someone provide me with the valid net blocks that BlackBerry has assigned?

Additionally, I assume that the BES server will need to receive connections from the outside.  Again, I don't have a problem opening the network, but I want to open it only to the valid networks, and only on the valid ports.

Appreciate the support.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh

nothing is more secure than BES. all you need is open port 3101 bidirectional outbound initiated by bes
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

jofficer wrote:

Am in a slightly similar situation.

We've got a new install going on and we're pretty tight with security.  We're fine with opening our network to allow outbound connections to port 3101 from our BES server, but we want to isolate the connections to JUST the Blackberry network(s).  Can someone provide me with the valid net blocks that BlackBerry has assigned?

Additionally, I assume that the BES server will need to receive connections from the outside.  Again, I don't have a problem opening the network, but I want to open it only to the valid networks, and only on the valid ports.

Appreciate the support.

KB03735 - Firewall and connection requirements for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jofficer

Appreciate the informed response.  That is exactly what I was looking for!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
AndyDufresne
My Device: Bold

You're welcome; have a great weekend.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Please use plain text.