Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
PaulCroker
My Device: 8520

issue with BES Express

Hi,

I have a few issues in my event viewer which I'm keen to see if they are serious or nothing to really worry about. 

Lets start at the begining,

Out server is,

Windows 2008 on a VmWare environment.

100GB HDD space

4GB RAM

Running BES Express 5.0.2.

I'm currently the only user set up on the BES at the moment and I'm getting emails, calendar and contacts sync wirelesly without issue.

HOWEVER... my event viewer on the server is listing some issues which I'm keen to find out more about

1) POLC_AddContentProtectionKeyToPolicy - Failed to parse the Policy.  (this is being displayed as a warning)

2) POLC_AddBESTypeFlagToPolicy - Error parsing the Policy (this is being displayed as a warning)

3) Alarm::Email: SendMailMessage returned failure (This is being displayed as an Error)

Can someone shed some light onto this?

Many thanks in advanced

Paul

--------
Paul Croker
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PaulCroker

Re: issue with BES Express

Does anyone have any errors appearing in their Event Viewer about various "POLC_"

and

"Alarm::Email: SendMailMessage returned failure (This is being displayed as an Error)"

It seems more annoying then stopping anything... or i guess it could even give a performance hit on the BES?

--------
Paul Croker
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

warning are usually warnings and can be ignored

an error is more severe.

i would take a look at teh POLC logs , SYNC and the MAGT logs for more clues

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PaulCroker

Cool will take a look thanks for that Knottyrope.

I had a look at the log files but was not able to find anything about "AddContentProtectionKeyToPolicy" in the POLC log.

As I said earlier it's sending messages, emails, etc ok but I wanted to check out the event logged to ensure that it's working 100% as it needs too.

:smileywink:

--------
Paul Croker
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

good read for you

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/24-bes-logs-whats-them-part-1-20.html

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
PaulCroker

Sweet!

That link is just what I need to look through. thanks for that I can see that reading these posts about the logs is going to take some time! :smileyhappy:

It's appreciated :smileywink: 

--------
Paul Croker
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Welcome, glad to help out

Please use plain text.