Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
pgartner
My Device: Blackberry enterprise express server
My Carrier: Bell Canada // Telus Mobility

lost communications with BES express

We have a problem that it appears that our newly installed blackberry enterprise express server has stopped communicating properly. The server is not in production yet, with only 1 test users on it.

Last week, Thursday, the handheld lost contact with the bes. We tried a few things, checking the besadmin account’s rights, resetting the handheld, restoring the VM snapshot from before the problems started. restarting the server and services. Testing the network connection to ca.srp.blackberry.com works . Even trying to do the enterprise activation again. We attempted to connect a 2nd handheld (brand new) would not complete the enterprise activation. Same issue. Currently when we do enterprise activation they enter their password, it says “activation en cour”, and they receive the email with the etp.dat in their outlook. But it stays jammed there. Looking at the wireless activations, the status is “Waiting for recognition of valid user activation response before continuing with processing”

We also see SRP status: Unknown

I contacted RIM’s customer service; they say the SRP is good

HELP – I’m at a loss as to what to look for

Our setup is Blackberry enterprise server express 5.01, Running on a dedicated Windows 2008r2 VM running on hyper-v. It is connecting back to our Exchange 2007 mail server. We also have an older blackberry enterprise server v4.2 running on another server.

Paul

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: lost communications with BES express

do you still have port 3101 outbound only bidirectional working?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pgartner

yes, i have the following tests indicating that it is good.

from the blackberry configuration, router tab, test network connection

Tentative de connexion à :
 ca.srp.blackberry.com (206.51.26.33), port 3101
 Réussi
 Tentative de connexion à :
 ca.srp.blackberry.com (204.187.87.33), port 3101
 Réussi

from bbsrptest.exe

NetworkAccessNode is ca.srp.blackberry.com.
Attempting to connect to ca.srp.blackberry.com (206.51.26.33), port 3101
Sending test packet
Waiting for response
Receiving response
Checking response
Successful

is there any other tests that i can perform to make sure that it goos?

Paul

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

was it working at all?

Do you have both 001e6602 registry entries listed in this KB while logged in as the BESAdmin service account?
http://support.opt3.com/KB/a47/installing-bes-express-on-sbs-may-not-create-correct.aspx

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pgartner

yes it did initially work, for 2 days!

i followed the technote you refered to. i did not have any of the 001e6602 reg_sz  values, so i added them

i also did not have the  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\BlackBerry Server Management key at all. so i created it, and the DCA key they talk about and added the 001e6602 reg_sz value. i did not add any of the other keys that exist in the screen shot.

the technote talks about SBS, i'm not running SBS, but the full exchange 2007, i would that technote still apply?

after applying the reg keys, the srp status is still unknown, the handheld is still not activating, and i still have " agent 1: will not restart - reached the maximum of 10 restarts per 24 hours"  in the eventvwr

could it be that i have a bes 4.2 and it is also on the same public IP?

Paul

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

you can run multi BES servers off same public external IP.

those entries are for GC referal and if they dont exist, BES has no clue where to look for users and that also means which exchange server too. This also causes the agent restarts issue as well.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pgartner

i'm still getting the following in the application log, 12 hours after i applied the reg keys

warning BlackBerry Controller 20406 

agent 1: will not restart - reached the maximum of 10 restarts per 24 hours

i also have the following

ErrorBlackBerry Mail Store Service [ComputerName] 10000 

MailStoreExchange::RefreshGALUsingMAPI - Error in HrFindExchangeGlobalAddressList, result=0x80004005.

off to the searchs

Paul

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

you will see the error about "Error in HrFindExchangeGlobalAddressList" in the KB below.

KB19451 No records were found that match the specified search criteria

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pgartner

i followed the technote, it also point to the 001e6602 registery key. which i already added.

the srp status is still unknown.

any other ideas?

Paul

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Have you rebooted BES yet? or at least restart the router.

After that I would look at the logs from when it was booted or router restarted and see if any errors stick out.

Please use plain text.