Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
sideshow
My Device: Not Specified

new BB Pro install questions

Hi,

Just installed BB Pro on an Exchange 2003 server in a Win2003 domain.  I think the install went OK but could be wrong.  But trying to get a phone activated has made me wonder.

I only have one BB to run on the system right now.  So not sure what is up.  The BB can get to webmail that is on the same Exchange server and seems to be able to check mail on "free" services.  All of the services for BB Pro are running on the server except the Blackberry Database Consistency Service, which is "disabled". 

I do see one warning in the Evevt viewer from the BB Router --

Event Type:    Warning
Event Source:    BlackBerry Router
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    20000
Date:        11/13/2009
Time:        8:05:24 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    MAILSVR
Description:
[DEVICE_SRP:310145FE:00985880] Receive_UNKNOWN, VERSION=2, CMD=241

Not sure if this has anything to do with my problem.  I am really looking to see if there is a way to verify that the BB Pro server is running OK and if the attempted activation from the BB is even reaching the server or is getting lost somewhere.  Can anyone point me to a log.  I checked the log MAILSVR_MAGT_1... under the RIM install folder but could tell what exactly the entries were telling me.

thanks for any help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Re: new BB Pro install questions

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't worry about that error. Are you having trouble with doing the actual activation?

First, make sure you followed the BlackBerry Professional Software Getting Started Guide.

Assuming you've done that, I wrote out some initial steps to perform when troubleshooting activations. You can find them in this post.

knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: new BB Pro install questions

Does your device have a proper BES dataplan?

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.