Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
darrenhutton
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: O2

16k events in last month for BBConvert.exe - WMVCore.DLL

Source: Application Popup
Level: Informational
Event ID: 26

Application popup: BBConvert.exe - System Error : The program can't start because WMVCore.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I've seen various posts showing how to fix this - this (external) one, and this one.

We run BES 5.0.2.28 on a Windows 2008 R2 VM

However, we have over 1,000 events logged for this on some days. I can't believe that in the last month 16,376 WAV files have been attempted to be opened. Maybe it is just the one file queued for processing over and over again? If it is, I'd sooner stop that. We have a scheduled update next month to SP3 which might resolve this issue.

Any ideas how I can find out what is generating the 16K events?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: 16k events in last month for BBConvert.exe - WMVCore.DLL

darrenhutton wrote:

Source: Application Popup
Level: Informational
Event ID: 26

Application popup: BBConvert.exe - System Error : The program can't start because WMVCore.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I've seen various posts showing how to fix this - this (external) one, and this one.

We run BES 5.0.2.28 on a Windows 2008 R2 VM

However, we have over 1,000 events logged for this on some days. I can't believe that in the last month 16,376 WAV files have been attempted to be opened. Maybe it is just the one file queued for processing over and over again? If it is, I'd sooner stop that. We have a scheduled update next month to SP3 which might resolve this issue.

Any ideas how I can find out what is generating the 16K events?

Thanks

I would look at the actual BES logs for the real error

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
darrenhutton
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: O2

Thanks, knottyrope.

Yes, that KB will resolve. I wouldn't be too worried if we had one or two of these being logged. Would fit the description of the KB, and the posts I linked to. The bit that puzzles me is the quantity of alerts logged. There is no way someone is opening 16k media files a month :smileyhappy:

Which log file will contain the clues to this? I can't see anything obvious in the agent logs.

Thanks again

Please use plain text.
Contributor
curried
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Vodacom

Worked like a charm - except had to change the package edition "Microsoft-Windows-Media-Format-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.mum"

Please use plain text.