Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: TheProvider

Ability to Enterprise Activate BB simulators

Hello Everyone,

Can someone please help me, is it possible to activate BB simulators?

I have tried Enterprise Activation on 9930 & 9620 but says "Activation request failed. A service connection is unavailable" while on real device works. I also downloaded BB10 simulator and there I don't see Enterprise activation option at all. Is it possible to enterprise activate on bb10 simulator? 

Thanks.

Contributor

Re: Ability to Enterprise Activate BB simulators

Internet is available for the device: I can open any website in Browser inside simulator

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

When I'm right you can use the BB desktop manager and activate the device via "cable" (you can turn it on in the devices).
For BB10 you need another server (BES10), as the other devices needs BES5.
I never tried to activate a BB10 simulator. There is no Enterprise Activation anymore, but you add a new account via settings - Account - add
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have downloaded BB Desktop Manager, made USB connected on simulator, though don't see any activation options. Where would I see Enterprise Activation option in BB Desktop Mgr? Smiley Happy

>>>For BB10 you need another server (BES10), as the other devices needs BES5.

Does this mean BB10 devices can't work with BES less than 10? Can non-BB10 devices work with BES10?

In BB10 simulator I can only add Exchange Mailbox.. which is not an "Activation" Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

For BB10: Exchange Mailbox is an activation, BB10 is completely different - I would point you to the docs.blackberry.com in the first place to read something about BES10 Smiley Wink
BB10 devices needs BES10, BES 10 cannot handle devices without BB10 (except Playbooks).

When you install Desktop Manager and connect it to an outlook profile connected to the BES, start the DM, start the simulator and connect the simulator via USB. The desktop manager should ask you if you want to activate that device.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com