Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Iwf
New Contributor
My Device: Various
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Activating Dev Alpha B machine on BES10

I'm trying to add a Dev Alpha B test device to a BES10 for testing.

I've set up a BES10, and can add my test user, and generate an activation password for them.

When I try to activate the Dev Alpha device, I can enter the email address and pin, but after a while saying "Looking up connection information", I get the error "Unable to find connection information".  If I check the BES logs, neither the PIN or the user name appear in them.

If I run the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool on the BlackBerry website, it tells me "This BlackBerry smartphone is correctly provisioned for enterprise service." and that the intended email address is correctly registered, with the right SRP of type "BlackBerry Device Service v6.2"

If I try using the Web Desktop console, the device is picked up when it is connected via USB and the right PIN is shown.  However when I do, a dialog saying "Connecting to device with PIN <pin>" appears, with the text "Please wait" and a green spinning icon, which doesn't disappear.  The PIN does not change into a link to be clicked on, so I can't continue.

Is there something special that needs to be done to register a development device?

Thanks!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: Activating Dev Alpha B machine on BES10

Dev Alpha cannot be activated with the current official release for those devices.
But I heard there are leaks of an OS for that device are available :smileywink:
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Iwf
New Contributor
My Device: Various
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Activating Dev Alpha B machine on BES10

Thanks, I was able to find a new image, and was able to use that to activate the device, although it only worked over the wi-fi.  Thanks for your help!