Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
EdFilimonov
My Device: Blackberry Administrator
My Carrier: E-Plus Germany
Accepted Solution

Activating Trial Device CALs / General BES 10 Licensing

Dear community,

I have some confusion in the question of licensing by BES 10. My boss asked me to have a test installation of BES 10 aiming possible future production Implementation. I’ve order a trial pack by BlackBerry and received correspondingly a serial number starting with S79****** and a license key. Both I provided during the installation of BES10. Service is running now and SRP states being connected. Until this point there was nothing new, same as by old good BES 5.0.

Now I come to CALs and this is where I’m not sure how to proceed. Together with the trial pack I got a CAL ID C0016****** and a CAL Authentication Key long alphanumerical string separated by dashes. What do I do with it?

Shall I create an account by BlackBerry Accounts and generate an a license activation ID there?

How do I create an account there under consideration that this should be a company profile?

In the future, when going in the production, shall we purchase a separate server/service license AND CALs or just replace our trial CAL with newly purchased device CALs?

I’ve read the article about new licensing mode, but these questions are not covered there.

Thanks  a lot

Eduard Filimonov

Please use plain text.
Contributor
EdFilimonov

Re: Activating Trial Device CALs / General BES 10 Licensing

So, so, now I have created my BlackBerry Account and still have no idea what do I do?

This is what I got:

Trial - BES10 Software v10.1 (60 Day/20 User)

Quantity: 1

• Number 1 of 1
  • Serial Number: S79******
  • License Key: 7zjw-r5*****************************
  • CAL ID: C00166******
  • CAL Authentication Key: bdst**-******-******-******-******

I see no way how shall I implement the last two lines? Is there something wrong in the information provided by RIM/BlackBerry?

Under BlackBerry Accounts Web-Page I am asked to "Please enter your Claim Tag ID which was provided in your order confirmation email. It is a 36-character alpha-numeric value"

No Claim-ID was provided. The only information I got is the posted above.
Please hep.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kboorgu
My Device: n/a
My Carrier: 2033386840

As per my understanding, you will need to use the secure work space licenses if you want to have secure work space enabled for the devices. So, go to the Blackberry management studio, and go to Licenses tab. Click on Activate Licenses button and enter the CAL authentication key in the license actiavtion ID field and click on activate.

with the BES10, the licenses are stored on the blackberry licensing server and tied to your SRP ID. 

Once the CALs are activated it will shows up as below in the Licenses tab of the Blackberry management studio.

Secure Work Space
iOS devices and Android devices with a work space
Total: 50
Available: 48
Used: 2
50 licenses expire on 08/24/2013
Please use plain text.
Contributor
EdFilimonov

Yes sir! You saved my day:Yes:

This is exactly what should be done. Now I got it. Thanks a lot Kushal.

Have a great day!

Please use plain text.