Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
rheyman
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Activation Fails while Deleting Previous Workspace

Hello,

I'm trying to activate a BlackBerry 10 on our new BES10 server and I'm receiving the error message "Activation can't be completed. Check that you are connected to a network or contact your administrator for assistance."  This message appears immediately following the "Deleting previous workspace" task while activating the device. 

I'm trying to setup the BES 10 device using the "EMM - Regulated Mode (work space only)" type.  Whenever I trying and activate an "EMM - Corporate (BlackBerry Balance)" device it works fine and the activation is successful.

The only thing I've been able to determine from the logs thus far is this and i'm not quite sure where the configuration is to change it.

[INFO ] (05/28 10:43:56:321):{http-38444-exec-2} MWSHandler:{BlackBerry/10.0.9.2743 EMA/10.0.9.2743 }:smileyfrustrated:tart processing: PUT /8774d51c-6fab-4d4c-acc4-2d6b07b73613/device/enrolmentState
[WARN ] (05/28 10:43:56:331):{http-38444-exec-2} MWSHandler:{BlackBerry/10.0.9.2743 EMA/10.0.9.2743 }:smileytongue:erimeter liability [IL] cannot be enrolled when user is required to be [CORPORATE_LIABLE]
[INFO ] (05/28 10:43:56:331):{http-38444-exec-2} MWSHandler:{BlackBerry/10.0.9.2743 EMA/10.0.9.2743 }:Complete processing: Status=403

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: Activation Fails while Deleting Previous Workspace

Do you have licence and data plans for regulated?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rheyman
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'm guessing not.  We're currently testing BES10 so we're on Trial right now.  After talking with BES support and also working with our cell provider (Verizon), it sounds like we need a particular data plan but Verizon is unaware of any specific plans for regulated.  As far as licensing, We only have the Trial corporate licenses.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drewsky25
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon and AT&T

Magic words to the ISP...

"Blackberry 10 Advanced" data plan.  That is the only plan that works with EMM-Regulated Work Space Only activations.  Otherwise you will get a compliance error when it tries to remove the old work space.  This only took me about 18 hours of calls with Blackberry and the ISP's to figure out.  They still don't know about it yet...

Also if you have a Blackberry support TS code, call them and verify that they see the Blackberry 10 Advanced plan on their end as well.  I had AT&T add the plan and it never was applied fully so Blackberry still saw the standard plan.  Drove me crazy.  Anyway if both Blackberry and your ISP show you have that plan you are golden...

Hope that helps!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It is a BESAdmin rite of passage to go through the gauntlet of correcting the right BES data plan with your carrier.

For BES dataplan testing.

Want to check if a device is provisioned correctly?

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drewsky25

Well There needs to be communication between the BESAdmin and the ISP account holder for your company. They need to know to activate Blackberry 10 devices with this new plan. They may get some blow back from the ISP's but AT&T and Verizon for sure have this plan in place and I have successfully activated my devices on the Work Only activation.
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I use the BTSC to test the plan and then tell AT&T or who ever to change to the correct plan.

sometimes its not easy with a new person as they have no clue but sometimes you get a support person that knows what they are doing. Dont assume everyone at AT&T or Verizon know what they are talking about.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
drewsky25

Yes. True. NOBODY knows about this new plan which is why BESAdmin's are banging heads against the wall with this new setup. You are correct, using the BTSC is the easiest way to test the plan. Also making real clear that you require the "Blackberry 10 Advanced" plan is 100% required.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AMR-1
My Device: All verisons of Pre BB10
My Carrier: All

Any of you have specific pricing info as to the EMM-Regulated aka BB Advanced Data plan from any carrier?

Please use plain text.