Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Storm2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Adding Playbook to Fusion?

OK I know I am missing something.  I just want to add my Playbook to the Fusion server I set up.

I've connected the Playbook to the PC (and the desktop software recognizes it).

I've logged into the Fusion Studio and the Fusion BAS web pages.  Both don't see any connected devices.  They say that communication is running but nothing connected.

How do I get my Playbook to connect to the server?  It must work from things I've read here but I can't find what I'm doing wrong.

New Contributor

Re: Adding Playbook to Fusion?

Since I can't get the web page to recognize the Playbook is connected is there no way to manually enter the Playbook's PIN into the web page to activate it?  And I'm using IE9, could that be the issue?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

New Contributor

I got past my problem by using another machine with IE8.  But now I'm stuck at the point where I see many others are that the BAS says it cannot communicate with the connected device.  The only solution I've found on the boards so far is to do a hard wipe, but I've also read that doesn't always work...I really don't want to do a hard wipe on my devices.

New Contributor

And finally I did get past the connecting to connected device problem by turning off the Windows Firewall.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

We have also found the only way to authenicate a playbook is to turn off the firewall.  I had the exception set for the RIM http proxy exception on all profiles(domain/private/public).  So there must be another port required?

Turning off the firewall allows activation.  But I cannot have my remote users turn off their firewall just to activate a tablet.  They don't have the admin rights to make the changes.

Does anyone know what other firewall port or configuration is required to activate a Playbook/device in a domain environment? 

Thanks,

Robert

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi

I also had to disconnect the firewall to register the PB.

When you install BDS and fusion there is a step where you can see the list of ports being used. I'm sorry I did not take a not on that. I also thing we should have some type of OTA PIN or something to activate the PB. I'm currently investigating this.

Iexplorer9 was not problem for me, although I set up the BDS-BAS server as trusted site and I let the webpage to install the activeX needed.

BES10 administrator for several customers.
"SMPTE Calculator" timecode APP developer for BB10