Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
AlertShawn
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Adding Published Public Contact List to an IT Policy

Is it possible? 

I know how to add it just for one user but I am wondering if anyone knows how to set it up as default under my IT Policy.

Basically following this KB Article: 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB19111&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

But instead of doing the bottom portion per user, I want to do it for 400 people at once.

Any help is greatly appreciated, I am on the phone with BES Support at the moment and if they give me a solution I will reply to my topic.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlertShawn

Re: Adding Published Public Contact List to an IT Policy

[ Edited ]

So I gave BES Support some scenerios.

1 - Our company buys another company and we create a new public folder contact list for that new company.  I want to add that new published public contact list to every BES user.

2 - We have our Management team that is under a "Management" IT policy.  Within that we allow some things like allowing SD cards, or allowing things to be charged to the carrier bill.  Also within there we also want to add a certain published public contact list just for Managers.

For the employees we have an 'employee' IT policy that disables those things.

After getting them on the phone they told me that there is NO WAY I can do this for all users at once, and they told me I have to go into each user, then edit user, then select default configuration under messaging configuration, then email and then select the lists I want that user to see. 

There has to be a better way.  Anyone? 

I mean under the user is says "DEFAULT CONFIGURATION" under messaging configuration so that leads me to assume there is a way to change the default configuration to allow me to automatically publish all contact lists to all users atleast.  Or am i just a little crazy? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlertShawn

I ended up getting transferred to a senior analyst at Blackberry.  He said the only way it is possible to do is for their senior guys to create a custom script to run on the sql database.  

I have to take a backup of my besmgmt database and upload it to them and they will create the script and test it and then send the script to me to run.

Honestly it seems kind of crazy that this is the only way for this to be done.  He said that in the 5.0.4 update he didnt remember reading anything regarding this in the release notes but I hope that it gets updated soon. That or add another way to publish group contacts to a phone.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i use codetwo to sync a public contact folder to users contacts that use EAS. Some BES users like this as all contacts are in their contacts folder. When using publlic folders on BES my users get confused when an address is not listed in outlook teh same as their device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.