Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
emohr
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Again "Invalid CAL Key" message on installation after "SRP information" dialog

Hello,

i requested a BES10 Server License v10.x as a trial version. I got an Email with a link, i printed the keys out and downloaded the file. The downloaded version is: Blackberry Enterprise Service 10 - 10.1.2 (Bundle 15).

I read the manuals and decided to make the install as explained in the section "Installing BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 components on separate computers Install the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 core components".

Everything went well till i got to fill out the "SRP information" dialog.

I entered the SRP identifier and the SRP authentication key, i pressed the "Verify" button and i got

SRP Verification

de.srp.blackberry.com:3101

SRP identifier and SRP authentication key are valid

So far, i think did everything right, it's the right key and identifier.

But, when i press "Next" i get the following dialog:

Invalid CAL key

The license key must be the unique key provided to you with the software and must be in the format:

XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX

where each X is a number or letter.

?!?!??!!?

Clearly there must be a bug here because there is no way to enter any CAL Key in the dialog. I am stuck here now as i cannot continue the installation process. Is this a known problem? Is there a workaround?

I applied again for another License but i got the same Software package (10.1.2 Bundle 15) and the new License Key and Serial number also did show the same effect.

The OS is Windows Server 2012 (english) 64-bit, virtualized VM-Version 8 (fresh install)

MSSQL Server 2012 on another virtualized Server

installation on Service account "BES10Admin" (as local Administrator)

Java 7 Update 21 (64-bit) installed by BES10

Microsoft SQL Clients installed by BES10

IIS installed by BES10

.NET Framework 3.5 installed by "Roles and Features Wizard"

.NET Framework 4.5 installed by "Roles and Features Wizard"

annything else is pretty default.

Thanks in advance to everybody

Please use plain text.
yimpster
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Again "Invalid CAL Key" message on installation after "SRP information" dialog

same problem here. nowhere to type the CAL key. I have raised with EE UK and they have escalated to Blackberry.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
emohr

Re: Again "Invalid CAL Key" message on installation after "SRP information" dialog

Hello, did you get an answer from Blackberry?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
emohr

After reviewing my MSSQL-Settings i realized that the Databases were not there. For some reason they were not created or they got deleted ...

So, on the server i tried to install BES10 i rolled back to a snapshot previous to the installation and installed all pending MS-Windows updates. Then i started another installation tryout and it was successful.

Please use plain text.