Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
amcoll_1977
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Allow work space access to personal photos

Hi

A lot of our staff need to be able to take photos from their Z10, and then email them back to other staff via their work email. I know that all photos are stored in the personal space, and that you can't attach these to work emails. Is there a setting on the BES that i can change to allow this? I can understand not being able to share a work pic via a personal email, but having the opposite doesn't make a lot of sense to me

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
amcoll_1977

Re: Allow work space access to personal photos

Anybody? Do Blackberry tech staff monitor these forums, or should i log this as a support ticket with them?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chiprutj
My Carrier: Verizon

I just wanted to mention that this does work from iOS devices.  When I try to attach a picture to an email in the BES10 work space app, it asks me if I want to allow access to my pictures.  

I haven't tested that with a  Blackberry phone though.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam

I am able to attach a photo taken from the camera on the Z10 to an email sent from my work account.

In the email compose window, tap Attach (paperclip icon), then tap Picture. In the bottom left, you can tap Up to return to the Device-Work screen, then tap the icon in the lower left to select alternate file sources.

On my device, I can select from Device-Work, Device-Personal, Media Card, and Dropbox. It works fine for me so I expect it would work the same for you.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amcoll_1977

No, i can browse up as far as device-work, but higher than that, the only options i see are my mapped work drives, i don't see the option for media card, personal space etc, which makes me think its a BES policy setting that i have set without realising the implications

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tcanaleparola
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

I have same issue on my z30, but other in my office using z10 do not have same issue.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
DoBoy
My Device: BES 5
My Carrier: Rogers

Any update on this? I have some users that can share with workspace on z10 and some that cannot and the z30's in the office also cannot? 

Whats the official way thsi issupposed to work?

Please use plain text.
Developer
joanb
My Device: Z10 + PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

I know this is rather old post but for future users help sake, I'll try to tell what I know about this.

1. Up to BES10 version 10.2.2.7, all BB10 devices attached to BES10 store photos in personal space.

2. Photos are not stored in work space even if you are in the work space "zone" (purple background screen).

3. If a given device is set up with a policy where the Security apartment says "Work Apps Access to Shared files Content in the Personal Space = Disallow", then you won't be able to attach photos into your work e-mail.

4. Make sure what policy a given device is into. Then check your settings.

Hope I have helped

BES10 administrator for several customers.
"SMPTE Calculator" timecode APP developer for BB10
Please use plain text.