Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
philipsamis
My Device: Curve 8520 year -2010
Accepted Solution

An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.

I was trying to reinstall  BB OS version 5.0 Bundle 1168 in my Curve 8520 device with desktop manager. While downloading the software my internet connection failed. After some time there shown a message "An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists." I have tried to donwload OS version 5 and install OFFLINE. But nothing works with me .... Suffering with this issue for last few days... Any Help Please.....

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.

Hi philipsamis

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

You have post your issue on a wrong section of the forums 

If you are having issue with update then locate your carrier and download the OS pack from hereBlackBerry Software Download Site . Double Click the file that you downloaded to Install it on your PC .

Then Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Double click the Loader.exe. and follow the OnScreen directions . It will allow you to Update. 

Let us know if you feel any issue.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
philipsamis

Re: An error has occurred while downloading software for your device. Please verify your Internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.

Hi , Thankyou for your Reply. After this updation error occured I downgraded my OS to Version 4.6.1.314. I thought if am Downgrading it then iam able to upgrade it to Version 5.0. I have downloaded and installed Package Version: 5.0.0.1682. But I am not able to load this from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. The apploader is reloading my existing downgraded version(4.6.1.314).

What I have to do to Load the installed Package Version: 5.0.0.1682 ? Plz Reply..

Elite II
prince2012

Hi philipsamis

If loader .exe is not offering the new OS then please take note of a few things, first delete or remove any other OS pack that you Installed on your PC . Restart your PC , Double Click on that OS5 pack to Install it on your PC .

Finally if that OS pack is not from any other Carrier then you have to delete two or three VENDOR . XML files from your PC. On your PC change the folder Option to show hidden files , then Search your C drive ,the location can be :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

After deleting those files Click on loader .exe , it will allow you to Update your device Software.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
philipsamis

Hi Mr Prince2012 Thanks a Lot... I have tried according to your instructions and I was able to Upgrade my OS version.

Once loader .exe is executed the vendor files are again created in below locations even if we delete Vendor.xml from those location.

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Thanks a Lot For Your Valuable Guidance.....

Elite II
prince2012

Hello philipsamis

You are most Welcome ... So enjoy your BlackBerry® Curve 8520 with new OS :smileyhappy: