08-22-2013 12:29 PM
I have an iPhone that is connected to our BES10 server via UDS and is receiving email just fine but we're having issues with our first two Androids.
The first device gets all the way to the final step where you log in to the secure workspace where the email, domain, and password are entered. He gets an error saying "Unable to open connection to server". I will mention that it does not populate the correct domain names but on the iPhone I just changed it and it logged me in fine. He tried doing the same but no luck.
The second device can activate via the BES10 client app but that's it. None of the other apps ever show up and nothing seems to happen.
All of the same policies are applied to these users that are applied to myself with the iPhone. We are running BES 10.1.1.20 although UDS says it's version 10.1.1.18 and these users are on Exchange 2010.
Any help would be appreciated.
11-13-2013 04:14 PM
Unfortunately not. I've even had Verizon send me two HTC One demo devices and I've tried activating them with a test account to no avail.
Every time I get through all the steps until I'm trying to configure the email account within the secure workspace. I enter the user's domain credentials and it tells me, almost instantly, "couldn't open connection to server".
During a call with a BB tech, he was able to activate a test device he had so I'm not sure if it's a particular version of Android or some other quirk that's causing the issue but iPhones and Blackberrys work just fine. UDS says it's running Android 4.2.2.
At this point, we're probably just going to not bother with Anroids unless someone else can solve this for me. BB's tech support hasn't been able to figure it out and I can't be bothered to spend another 4 hours on the phone.
11-13-2013 04:17 PM
I wonder what vzw was using as a test device....
We are the exact same boat. Iphone (vzw) works fine, All z10s and q10s work fine. Samsung S4 we keep getting "Couldn't open connection to server".... very frustrating
11-19-2013 08:36 PM
Yeah, I am having the exact same issues.
I phoned into BB tech support and it was a mess. No one could figure anything out at all and I wasted around 8 hours of my time. Then they closed the ticket.
I am almost giving up on UDS as its riddled with bugs and almost no support. (I really hoped it would work).
12-03-2013 04:28 AM
Had the same issue:
Get the Exchange Server Certificate on your Android device.
I mailed ;-) it to my Samsung Galaxy SII, opened the Cert and let the device sort the file destination....