Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Android UDS issues

Hello,

I have an iPhone that is connected to our BES10 server via UDS and is receiving email just fine but we're having issues with our first two Androids. 

The first device gets all the way to the final step where you log in to the secure workspace where the email, domain, and password are entered. He gets an error saying "Unable to open connection to server". I will mention that it does not populate the correct domain names but on the iPhone I just changed it and it logged me in fine. He tried doing the same but no luck.

The second device can activate via the BES10 client app but that's it. None of the other apps ever show up and nothing seems to happen. 

All of the same policies are applied to these users that are applied to myself with the iPhone. We are running BES 10.1.1.20 although UDS says it's version 10.1.1.18 and these users are on Exchange 2010.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930; Playbook

Re: Android UDS issues

any luck? - i'm having the same issue.

Contributor

Unfortunately not. I've even had Verizon send me two HTC One demo devices and I've tried activating them with a test account to no avail.

Every time I get through all the steps until I'm trying to configure the email account within the secure workspace. I enter the user's domain credentials and it tells me, almost instantly, "couldn't open connection to server".

During a call with a BB tech, he was able to activate a test device he had so I'm not sure if it's a particular version of Android or some other quirk that's causing the issue but iPhones and Blackberrys work just fine. UDS says it's running Android 4.2.2.

At this point, we're probably just going to not bother with Anroids unless someone else can solve this for me. BB's tech support hasn't been able to figure it out and I can't be bothered to spend another 4 hours on the phone.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930; Playbook

I wonder what vzw was using as a test device....

We are the exact same boat. Iphone (vzw) works fine, All z10s and q10s work fine. Samsung S4 we keep getting "Couldn't open connection to server".... very frustrating

Contributor

To clarify, it was BB who was using a test device not Verizon.

I wish I had asked, although I do believe it was the same Android version (4.2.2).
New Contributor

Yeah, I am having the exact same issues. 

I phoned into BB tech support and it was a mess. No one could figure anything out at all and I wasted around 8 hours of my time. Then they closed the ticket. 

I am almost giving up on UDS as its riddled with bugs and almost no support. (I really hoped it would work).

Contributor
My Device: Galaxy SII ; Z10; eiPhone 5S

Had the same issue:

Get the Exchange Server Certificate on your Android device.

I mailed ;-) it to my Samsung Galaxy SII, opened the Cert and let the device sort the file destination....

New Contributor
My Device: z10

is the same user profile being used on the devices

had same issue with some devices but the issue was a permissions issue on the user active sync profile in ad