Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
PSinChicago
My Device: Not Specified

Archived Mail on Blackberry Device

We're a new BES/BB customer having coming over after Verizon announced that their wireless sync program with Nokia was coming to an end. Love everything about BES and BB but I was sold on something that the Executive Director is saying a must have on his smart phone.

He's adamant about having all of his archived suborder under his inbox on his phone which I guess is flying in the face of RIM's model as to what a smartphone and e-mail should be.

Please note, this is not a folder redirection issue - for whatever reason, he apparently had the ability on his Treo to look up a lost email filed away 3 years ago while on his smart phone. I maxed out the number of messages to go backwards on during activation (14 days) and the number of messages to be stored on the device.

I checked out Astralink and had mixed emotions with an already robust BES messaging solution and adding yet another syncing message program. I'd like to not go back to him to say 'all those emails you think are important, you need to re-forward to yourself.'

Is there ANYTHING I can do?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PSinChicago

Re: Archived Mail on Blackberry Device

I should also state, these are folders found under the Inbox on the mailbox, not a PST file. I would be very willing to tell him to move the folder from out of the Inbox to a folder on the main mailbox (ie. Mailbox John Doe/Inbox/Subfolder 1 -10 to Mailbox John Doe/Subfolder 1-10

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

If on device OS 4.5 you can do remote searches

or use desktop manager installed with BES/work email profile to sync them.

Not sure about subfolders, I never tried it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PSinChicago

He's on OS 5.0 with the new Curve 2 - I'd like to hear more about Remote Searches and maybe more about the Desktop Snyc. Can you explain further?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Remote Searches are definitely the way to go. It allows you to be able to retrieve messages that reside in the mailbox, without the clutter of actualy storing it on the device.

Assuming the message is in the Exchange server mailbox and not a locally stored PST file, you can head into Messages >> Search and change the Search Type to Remote. You can then search for messages in a particular folder in the mailbox based on sender, subject or body.

This requires device software 4.5 or higher (which you mentioned you had) and BES 4.1.5 or higher.

knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

KB15161 - How to perform a remote search for email messages

it works on OS 5.0 too. I just check with a user here on storm 2.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PSinChicago

Anything I need to set up on my Exchange 2007 server or on BES itself? I can browse some messages but nothing is being displayed, just that there is a message.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PSinChicago

WOW - that's nearly what I was looking for. Question, however - anyway you can:

a.) increase the default search number from 100 to something larger?

b.) automatically make it pull down the text so you don't have to do BBballs - More All for each message?

Please use plain text.