Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
weerabbit
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

BAS 5.0.3 - Wired Device Software Update

Hi, All.

I'm trying to configure our BAS so that wired device software updates can be rolled out via the central console (if required) and have been referring to the following guide, from page 32 onwards:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/25785/BlackBerry_Device_Software-Update_Guide--1327...

Everything worked as described until I got to page 36, accessed the BAS console and connected my phone via USB cable. The phone is recognised under 'Attached devices', but when I click on 'Device software' I get the following error:

• This user has not been assigned software configurations. Application loading is unavailable.

I have a 8520 handset and have assigned the software configuration in BAS to my user\device, as described in the guide.

I've stepped back through the document, but don't appear to have missed anything. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Carl

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Re: BAS 5.0.3 - Wired Device Software Update

Have you assigned software device bundle configuration to a software configuration?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
weerabbit

Yes, as per the details in the guide...

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
BoldOperator
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Is the software configuration that you assigned showing up as Resolved in the BlackBerry Administration Service?  If not, click on the little Eye icon to see any conflicts.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
weerabbit

Could you elaborate on this, please? I'd like to check but need to know exactly where to look as the eye icon appears all over the place and I can't find one that implies that the device software is resolved or not.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
BoldOperator

Pull up the user and check their Software Configuration tab. Click on View Resolved Applications. If it shows as resolved, great. If not, click on the other tab and click on the Eye icon next to the name of the config to see details.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
weerabbit

Thanks, BoldOperator.

As it's Device Software rather than an Application that were looking at here, it wasn't listed under 'View resolved applications' or the neigbouring tab. If I look at the 'Device Software bundle' itself, I can't see the eye symbol on any of the various sections that reference it :smileysad:

This post discusses the same error and doesn't seem to have been resolved, so I might just have to live with it:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server/Web-Desktop-Manager-will-NOT-upd...

Thanks again, the help is much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
BoldOperator

That looks like the issue. Device software or application distribution, whatever it is needs to be bundled into a software config and assigned to the user.
Please use plain text.