Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Visitor
Temporer
My Device: Not Specified

BAS - AS terminated unexpectedly

Hello community,

I just wanted to test the BES 5.0 and downloaded an installed the trail.

But after the installation was successful I get the message "Page could not be fould" in the IE.

I see the KB18185 and checked each issue but everything seems to be okay. I know that the port 443 is not opend.

In the windows log I found this Error:

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Service Control Manager
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    7031
Date:        25.06.2009
Time:        08:44:52
User:        N/A
Computer:    XXXXXXXXX
Description:
The BlackBerry Administration Service - Application Server service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Could you help me, how to fix this problem so that I can thes the BES 5.0?

thank you

Temporer

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
firmdale
My Device: 8900

Re: BAS - AS terminated unexpectedly

Hi

Having exactly the same problem on my BES 5, checked KB18185 but none of descibed applies to my issue.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Dawid

Please use plain text.
sambes

I have upgraded my BES server today and has same issue. The Application services terminated unexpectedly .

I can not launch the WEB admin, but BBs are working. the admin service is keep rebooting and log files are being created.

I have checked the KB and logfiles

main} [com.rim.bes.basplugin.mdscs.MDSCSManagerMapper] [WARN] [ASMC-2004] {u=SystemUser, t=136} mapMDSServiceConfigurationEntity2MDSCSServiceConfiguration service configuration DTO is not valid - Error details: message=null, type=VALUE_BELOW_MINIMUM_LENGTH, fieldConstraint=1, fieldName=serviceURL, fieldValue=, errorStringPlugInId=-1, errorStringId=null

Workaround

Contact BlackBerry Technical Support for more information if you are experiencing this issue.  

I am waiting for T-support to call me.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
firmdale

Sambes

Any news from your support team?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
firmdale

I have resolved my issue!

It turned out that I was using wrong SRP host!

As first installation of my BES was done in US and then we decided to have in UK SRP registered with host srp.na.blckberry.net and wouldn't work with srp.eu.blackberry.net.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgreensas

I am having the exact same issue with the VALUE_BELOW_MINIMUM_LENGTH error in the BAS-AS log and I see the BAS-AS.exe service ramp up on RAM utilisation and 50% CPU time in task manager and if I try to connect to the admin page the service fails and restarts and goes through the same routine.

I have checked and no ports are clashing, have reinstalled BES (removing all required apps also) and am still getting the same issue. I did look at the SRP host info as suggested above but it is correct as it was srp.eu.blackberry.net before the upgrade and it still is.

Has anyone found a way of resolving this problem, I have working BES at the moment I just cannot administer it?

Please use plain text.
jhittleman

I too am having this issue and have an open case with Support. If anyone has a resolution for this, please advise. Did any of you originally install the MDS Integration Service at Upgrade to 5.0 and then later uninstall it? Also, did any of you try installing MR1 or MR2?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgreensas

I had MDS on and also tried MP1 and MP2 and neither fixed it, what I found was it was an issue with the SQL database on the back end, my troubles went away when I re-created the database from scratch, it seems in the upgrade from 4.0 SP7 to 5.0 it didnt upgrade the DB properly.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Your best hint in these situations is to look at the BAS-AS logs. In general, you should be looking for java exceptions which will generally tell you what is going on. It is also a good idea to have MR2 install to start with.
PmGNFs

[ Edited ]

Same problem here Bes 5.0 MR3.

It was working before MR3 (I was on MR2), it may be some change done in the DB.

If anyone from BB support can point to a solution please,

Last error message in BBAS-AS:

Caused by: javax.persistence.NonUniqueResultException: result returns 2 elements
 at org.hibernate.ejb.QueryImpl.getSingleResult(QueryImpl.java:85)
 at com.rim.bes.bas.util.EJBQLUtilities.executeSingleResultQuery(EJBQLUtilities.java:476)
 at com.rim.bes.bas.timermanager.TimerManagerBean._findTimerDefinitionNodeStatusByTimerDefinitionId(TimerManagerBean.java:2466)
 at com.rim.bes.bas.timermanager.TimerManagerBean._onStartupProcessTimerDefinitions(TimerManagerBean.java:998)
 at com.rim.bes.bas.timermanager.TimerManagerBean._onStartupPerformStartupOperations(TimerManagerBean.java:1184)
 at com.rim.bes.bas.timermanager.TimerManagerBean.onStartupPerformStartupOperationsLocal(TimerManagerBean.java:1160)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:112)
 at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.InvocationContextImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:166)
 at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.EJB3InterceptorsInterceptor.invoke(EJB3InterceptorsInterceptor.java:63)
 at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
 at org.jboss.ejb3.entity.TransactionScopedEntityManagerInterceptor.invoke(TransactionScopedEntityManagerInterceptor.java:54)
 at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
 at org.jboss.ejb3.AllowedOperationsInterceptor.invoke(AllowedOperationsInterceptor.java:47)
 at com.rim.bes.bas.BASApplicationDeadlockInterceptor.invoke(BASApplicationDeadlockInterceptor.java:99)
 at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInOurTx(TxPolicy.java:79)
 ... 212 more

Another Error:

com.rim.bes.bas.util.BASCouldNotCompleteRequestRollbackException: Caught unhandled RuntimeException in org.jboss.ejb3.EJBContainerInvocation method onStartupPerformStartupOperationsLocal - javax.persistence.NonUniqueResultException: result returns 2 elements

Please use plain text.