Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BAS Servers & Memory Usage

Why is it that whenever a BAS server failovers over to another node, or gets restarted the memory usaeg goes thru the roof? 
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BAS Servers & Memory Usage

Because it is doing a huge amount of work?

How many users and how much RAM do you have?

What else is running on the BES?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

These are newly built servers not even in production yet.  They are virtual servers however running server 2008 x64.  What's strange is if I look at the running processes it doesn't really show what's consuming all the memory.  I took one server and bumped its memory up to 8GB, and shortly after a restart the memory usage spiked at over 6GB.  Then I look at the second node it its just sitting there barely doing anything; maybe using just over 1GB of memory.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Wonder if process explorer works with 2008 x64.

It could help identify your issue if it does.

I dont have a 2008 server running yet. No need for it here yet.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
My Device:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

Looks like it does, heave some fun with it if you can and let us know.