Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

BAS - encountered a system error

Hello Together,

we have a little problem with the blackberry infrastructure and i hope you can

help me with your experience Smiley Wink

We have a BlackBerry-Server with the HA and we installed on both BlackBerry-Server the BAS.. So it is possible to access the management-console on both server.. This works unitl tomorrow morning really good and perfect.. but when i opened yesterday the browser on the secound server i get the following message:

The application has encountered a system error. Please report this error to the System Administrator.

I checked the following things:

- Installed MR1 for BlackBerry Domino

- Restart the Server

- Checked the Windows-Services (automatic//started)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:173)
 at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:182)
 at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
 at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
 at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
 at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:241)
 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.rim.bes.bas.command.CommandException: CommandException APPLICATION: com.rim.bes.bas.pluginmanager.NoPlugInModulesRegisteredException: com.rim.bes.bas.pluginmanager.NoPlugInModulesRegisteredException
 at com.rim.bes.bas.commands.pluginmanager.GetRegisteredPlugInModules.handleServerDoit(GetRegisteredPlugInModules.java:122)
 at com.rim.bes.bas.command.ServerCommand.handleDoit(ServerCommand.java:154)
 at com.rim.bes.bas.command.Command.doit(Command.java:247)
 at com.rim.bes.bas.web.console.pages.login.Login.subPageInit(Login.java:1042)
 ... 79 more
(04/20 16:20:25:341):{Thread-5} [org.jboss.jms.server.recovery.MessagingXAResourceWrapper] [ERROR] ********************************Failed to connect to server
javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: XAConnectionFactory
 at org.jboss.ha.jndi.TreeHead.lookup(TreeHead.java:242)
 at org.jboss.ha.jndi.HAJNDI.lookup(HAJNDI.java:155)
 at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor326.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
 at org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.HARMIClient.invoke(HARMIClient.java:312)
 at $Proxy38.lookup(Unknown Source)
 at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:667)
 at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
 at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
 at org.jboss.util.naming.Util.lookup(Util.java:215)
 at org.jboss.jms.server.recovery.MessagingXAResourceWrapper.getConnectionFactory(MessagingXAResourceWrapper.java:392)
 at org.jboss.jms.server.recovery.MessagingXAResourceWrapper.connect(MessagingXAResourceWrapper.java:338)
 at org.jboss.jms.server.recovery.MessagingXAResourceWrapper.getDelegate(MessagingXAResourceWrapper.java:260)
 at org.jboss.jms.server.recovery.MessagingXAResourceWrapper.recover(MessagingXAResourceWrapper.java:108)
 at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.arjunacore.XARecoveryModule.xaRecovery(XARecoveryModule.java:771)
 at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.arjunacore.XARecoveryModule.resourceInitiatedRecovery(XARecoveryModule.java:685)
 at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.recovery.arjunacore.XARecoveryModule.periodicWorkSecondPass(XARecoveryModule.java:179)
 at com.arjuna.ats.internal.arjuna.recovery.PeriodicRecovery.doWork(PeriodicRecovery.java:237)
 at com.arjuna.ats.internal.arjuna.recovery.PeriodicRecovery.run(PeriodicRecovery.java:163)
(04/20 16:20:33:169):{Timer-11} [com.rim.bes.bas.singletondeploymentbarrier.SingletonDeploymentBarrierManagerBean] [INFO] [BBAS-1011] {u=SystemUser, t=136069} isCurrentNodeTheSingletonInNewTransactionLocal CLUSTER:   heartbeat from another server (xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx) is still active, this server (L-(xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx) cannot take over as singleton

Do you have any idea for a solutions?

Thanks for your help

Jochen

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: BAS - encountered a system error

Hi Jochen,

You managed to solve the problem?? If yes, can you share the solution??

Cheers!!

Contributor
My Device: Z10, 9900 & Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Hopefully this helps anyone who is searching and comes up with this thread. If possible please come back when you find your solution.  It may not work for everyone, but it's better than adding another dead end.

BlackBerry Administration Service displays "The application has encountered a system error. Please report this error to the System Administrator." error when accessing the login screen

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB19920

Seems to be that if you are running two BAS on two different servers but with the same DB, some communication issue could cause both to try to be the "first" or in their language, "singleton status" (gotta love programmers).

All singletons, unite....

Thanks,

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Evening all and Merry Christmas to you.  Let me start off by saying that I love my Blakcberry Torch and have enjoyed many years hassle free tending to my two BES 4.1.4 MR3 servers.

I made the mistake of upgrading to BES 5.01 MR2 and HA.  I have had nothing but problems.  Last week we decided to move the SQL database ( mirrored) to our second data centre for maintenance.  This was moved no issues, the BES moved over but would the BAS's, of course not.  Now as you have mentioned we have the same problem as you.  The BAS's do not want to play in the same pool.  Rim advised me to re-install, done that twice no joy. 

Thanks for the technote, I implemented the TCP ping two weeks ago and worked a treat, but now the BAS's as mentioned before will not talk.  From your post it comes down to the programmers doing a great job and causing the issue.

I will be on the phone to RIm in the morning, if I get an answer and it works I'll let everyone know, but I am at the point of getting rid of the second BAS and have only one on the seperate machine.