Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BAS first login, forgot my password...?!? How can I reset or change this password ?

77 wrote:

What I did to resolve the problem on BES Express was the following:

1. Reset the password with Active Directory Users and Computers for the besadmin account.

2. Update the logon password for all the Blackberry Services in the Services console.

3. Restart the running Blackberry Services from the Services console.

4. In the Blackberry Server Configuration tool on the Administration Service - AD Settings tab, update the password with the new password and Apply the changes.

5. Login to the Web Admin

I was not sure if the Blackberry Server Configuration tool was going to reset the password on the Blackberry Services, perhaps a Blackberry Support Agent could confirm for the community? You have to manually reset them in all of the services.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
Contributor
musen
My Carrier: Turkcell

Re: BAS first login, forgot my password...?!? How can I reset or change this password ?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

For BAS Authentication:

Run commands using command prompt.

1) osql -E -S .\blackberry

2) use besmgmt

3) go

4) update basusers set loginpassword='84037071dbcdd67' where loginname='admin'

5) go

6) exit

Password = destech

Regards,

MUSEN

Please use plain text.
kalsheear
My Carrier: Vodafone

77 = genius

Thanks for that solution - been fighting with this one for a couple of days now.

Would be interesting to know what causes this problem - As far as I can tell I installed and configured the software correctly and then hit a brick wall with not being able to login to the BAS. Very odd.

Anyways, all working now. Thanks 77.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Brutalraw
My Carrier: Vodafone

Just had this exact problem , ran your SQL query to gain access back into BAS then removed and re-added the BESadmin account and it now accepts the actual BESadmin username and password for the AD .

thank you very much for the solution SQL fix worked a treat .

Regards

David .

Currently Playing Co-op in Reality : Sure the Gameplay Suck's but the Graphics are AWESOME!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sursum
My Carrier: Free

Hi,

I modified the loginname column value with 84037071dbcdd67, restarted database instance on the MS SQL server, even restarted BAS services on the BES server and it still say "The user name or password is not correct. Please correct the entry"...

Is there something I did wrong ?

Thanks by advance

BES 5.0.3, SQL 2008, Domino 8.5.3 with 250 users
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

sursum wrote:

Hi,

I modified the loginname column value with 84037071dbcdd67, restarted database instance on the MS SQL server, even restarted BAS services on the BES server and it still say "The user name or password is not correct. Please correct the entry"...

Is there something I did wrong ?

Thanks by advance

The user name or password is not correct. Please correct the entry"...is a common issue and not a refection of changing the pasword or resetting it. You might have another issue totatly unrelated. i would suggest a new thread and not clutter this one with your issue

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
dragonlady0627
My Carrier: sprint

Hello,

You may also want to do the following (if you know the password).

1 - Open BB Server Config and go to >AD Services  - AD settings tab

2 - Change the user password to what you know it is in the AD settings box.

3 - Go To Control Panel >Administrative Tools > Services

4 - Stop all BB services; stop these first in this order: controller, dispatcher, router, everything else

5 - Go to properties of all Automatic BB services and click the Log In tab.

6 - Under "Log In As" make sure "This Account" is chosen and your besadmin user name is entered there.

7 - Change the password to your besadmin's* known confirmed password.

8 - When finished, start the services again; starting these first in this order: router, dispatcher, controller, everything else.

You should be able to enter your BB Admin Services again.

* working on the presumption that besadmin is your user account.

HTH

Please use plain text.
aibanihani
My Carrier: Etisalat

You may consider these steps:

1. Open CMD.
  2. Navigate to <drive>:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BAS\bin
  3. Run basUtility "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_18" "C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\BAS" hash "Enter Any Password" > C:\Output.txt
  4. Copy the Output text inside Output.txt
  5. Then Open Microsoft SQL Management Studio.
  6. Navigate to Databases > BESMgmt5 > Tables > dbo.BASUsers.
  7. Open Table.
  8. Paste the Output text inside Output.txt into password field of admin user.

Please consider changing Java jre version, in my case it was jre1.6.0_18.

Regards,

Please use plain text.
ctsolutions
My Carrier: VZW

Thank you so much fermanagh!  Your instructions helped me get the existing password. I would like to mention to anyone else trying to do it to confirm the path of both java and BES.  Mine were both in Program Files (x86) as it's a 64bit server.  So much better to get the password than to reset it.  I also had to add > c:\output.txt to the end as it was just closing hte window without displaying the password.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alamb200

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have been working through all your answers here but still cannot find how to get back in. I tried running the decode bit and found out my password is blackberry but if I try besadmin and blackberry it fails the same if I try admin and blackberry..

My post is here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Professional-Software/The-username-and-password-is...

If anyone can offer any more advice I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

alamb200

Please use plain text.