Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

BAS first login, forgot my password...?!? How can I reset or change this password ?

Hi

I installed BES 5.0, but in the administration service section of the setup I don't specify  a password for admin default user. I selected "use current credential". I'm unable to logon administration service. I need help to reset or change the password ? I try to reinstalla the BES but in the administration service section I'm unable to specify a new password.

Thanks for your help !

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ★

Re: BAS first login, forgot my password...?!? How can I reset or change this password ?

What would you do if you installed a Windows 2003 server and you also forgot your admin's password?  If it is a fresh install, uninstall it and do all over again.  If upgrade, I pray that you have backup the necessary BES data?  Admin can't be that careless about password.  Let it be a lesson learnt Smiley Happy

Re: BAS first login, forgot my password...?!? How can I reset or change this password ?

[ Edited ]
That's a real helpful reply there "noname".  I suppose since you are such a pontificating, unhelpful genius, you hide your name.  People like you should be kept off all forums.

I had my local BAS Admin password stop working after installing maintenance release 1...and I recorded it when I created it so I know what it was.  For those with a similar problem or those who did not set it or forgot it, here is how to fix it.

Open SQL administrator

Go to the BESMgmt database

Expand tables

Open the dbo.BASUsers table
 If you have not created any other admin users, and chances are you did not if you are reading this, the last user listed will be the system admin user

Scroll right to the LoginPassword collumn

Paste this hash into that field - 431d615b2de61fb1 - this will change your BAS login to "berry"

Now log in with that password and go to Manage Users and click on search to populate you list

Click on the System Administrator user and select edit user

Click on the wrench to the right of the user and type in your new password, then click the green check mark tot he right

MOST IMPORTANT - click SAVE ALL at the bottom

Now you are all set to log out and back in with your new secure password

How’s that for a lesson learned there mister unhelpful NONAME?

Glen
Message Edited by glenc on 07-16-2009 10:23 AM
Contributor

nice post glenc
New Contributor

I tried doing this but it did not work for me.

Am I supposed to use the BESAdmin or just admin to login.

Also do i just replace the numbers? - 431d615b2de61fb1 - without the -?

I have tried it both ways with no luck

New Contributor

This did not work for me either Smiley Sad

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

You can try this SQL statement and it should set it to

user admin

Password  blackberry

Thanks Gary

http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/forums/members/garycutri.html

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Hats off to knottyrope.  I can't tell you how many times i've had DIFFERENT login issues with BESX 5. Brand new setup and the besadmin user cant login?

RIM needs to get this stuff fixed.

New Contributor
My Device: NA
My Carrier: Verizon

Would love to run this statement but unsure how to, I do not have any sql management software installed other than what is on windows 2003, can anyone tell me how to run this statement?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Download and install MS SQL Server Management Studio Express

Also Enable named pipes and TCP/IP in SQL express.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V