Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
chris1979
My Device: Not Specified

BAS pool name

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I ve moved my BES 5 to different hardware using the cut through procedure. During installation i gave the name of previous bes. Now when i try to open BAS the url points to the old server name. Is it safe to adjust the BAS pool name through blackberry configuation panel to the correct settings (ie new server name). Is config db affected anyhow?

Please use plain text.
Retired
BesManian_Devil
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BAS pool name

Hi Chris1979,

You can try changing the pool name to reflect your current server in the BAS - HA tab, in the pool change the Server name part of the URL "Servername.domain.com".

If this does not work and you are able to run your old server again (source) , you can install a new BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 5.0 (destination) with a blank database and use the  Enterprise Transporter which is a part of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Resource Kit to move your users from one BlackBerry Enterprise Server to the other.

You can find the BlackBerry Resource KIt here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/server_resourcekit.jsp

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.