Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
stubbo
My Carrier: Vodafone

BAS very slow - version 5.0.3 MR4 and 5.0.3 MR6

[ Edited ]

Hello -

The BAS console has become very slow to load/refresh in the last weeks, e.g. a user search can take 5-10 minutes to return a result.

We are running on Windows Server 2003 R2 with all the Windows updates and BES 5.0.3 MR4.

Today we patched to 5.0.3 MR6 but this has not fixed it.

It's running with 2 GB of RAM and 1 vCPU on VMware. BAS-AS.exe is using approx 900 MB in Task Manager.

SQL is running on another machine, and we are running 300 BB handsets.

There's a repeating warning in the BBAS logs which may or may not be significant:-

(02/11 11:22:23:428):{Thread-5} [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] [WARN] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.resources.arjunacore.noresource] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.resources.arjunacore.noresource] No XAResource to recover < 131075, 31, 29, 1--53eff739:484:4f184cd4:7a8816-53eff739:484:4f184cd4:7a8825  

Any advice please?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Oyasumi
My Carrier: SFR

Re: BAS very slow - version 5.0.3 MR4 and 5.0.3 MR6

[ Edited ]

Hello,

May I know if you found a way to solve your problem ?

I have the exact same problem presently, and I did not succeed in finding any relevant information :smileysad:

Thanks & regards.

Oya

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I dont have this issue on SP3 MR8

Are you able to apply latest version?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Oyasumi

[ Edited ]

Hello,

BES for Exchange was in SP3 MR5.

I just applied the latest version as you advised : SP3 MR8.

However I still have the same problem : BAS webconsole, or webdesktop, are very very slow : it's almost impossible to browse or find a user.

Everything was working fine, and this problem occured suddenly (around one week ago).

I spent several hours trying to find out the cause... but in vain.

Here is the persistent log I can find in th BBAS-AS log file :

{Thread-5} [com.arjuna.ats.jta.logging.loggerI18N] [WARN] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.resources.arjunacore.noresource] [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jta.resources.arjunacore.noresource] No XAResource to recover

Before the problem, there was usually 3 BBAS-AS log files weighing around 512MB per day.

Since the problem, there's only one BBAS-AS log file weighing around 1KB.

If anyone has an idea about how to solve this problem... It would be really appreciated :smileyhappy:

Thanks & regards,

Oya

Please use plain text.
Contributor
stubbo
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello again -

We discovered the BESMgmt DB had grown way too large (i.e. 24 GB in our case) 

More specifically, JBM_MSG table was around 22GB in size, and also excessively large JBM_MSG_REF table

So we truncated the tables and BAS returned to normal

Also discussed here

Does this help?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

thats an interesting cause for your slowness.

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info. SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

No Sleep Till BlackBerry 10, A BlackBerry Song by Lil E Click here to listen

See me at BlackBerry Fans Get Hands-On BlackBerry 10 Demo

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Oyasumi

Dear Stubbo,

I confirm you that truncate the two tables (JBM_MSG and JBM_MSG_REF) has solved the problem.

Thank you very much for your help !! :smileyhappy:

Oya

Please use plain text.
LSS_Pro
My Carrier: Verizon

Are there any other solutions?  Our DB is really small (188MB).  We only have 126 users.  It's been extremely slow for over 2 months.  It seems to be when I try to Create or Manage users.  Anything else within the BES server runs as normal.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
IstvanFekete
My Carrier: Vodafone Hungary

We had a similar problem. The BAS console became very slow. Logging in took 5-10 minutes and many times the BlackBerry Administration Service returned an error message: “Page cannot be displayed”.
We also tried many things but nothing helped. The final solution was to reenter the password for the AD user in the Configuration Panel of the BAS:
Start –> All Programs –> BlackBerry Enterprise Server –> BlackBerry Server Configuration –> ‘Administration Service - AD Settings’ –> reenter the password –> Apply –> OK –> Restart the whole hardware of the BAS

Please use plain text.