Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
jangeli
My Device: BES v5.0.4
My Carrier: Telus

BAS won't start after update to service pack 4 (5.0.4) + windows updates

I've done a bunch of research and can't seem to find any real solutions to my problems.

I both updated  the service pack and windows updates at the same time. I don't have a lot of experience with a BES and didn't realise this would be a stupid thing to do.

Now I can't access my BAS although all of our Blackberries are working as normal.

I start the BAS, it looks fine, but I can't access the service configuration webpage. I then go check the service and it is shut down again.

I've dug through this forum, and have removed all windows updates that are known or are suspected to conflict with the BES. This hasn't solved the problem. Java is fine. Logs don't really seem to indicate a problem but I may have missed something.

Any thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BAS won't start after update to service pack 4 (5.0.4) + windows updates

Did you run the installer while logged in as BESAdmin?

did you update java at all? dont update if you didnt.

how much memory is BAS using?

What error comes up when trying to access it?

Clear cache in IE?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jangeli

Hi knottyrope, thanks for the response.

Do you mean to the BAS or the server? I wasn't logged onto the BAS at the time and was logged into the server as the domain administrator.

I had not updated Java after getting the error. I recently tried to update it as a fix but that didn't help.

The BES is using about 75k of memory, without the BAS services running. 

I simply get an "Unable to establish a connection to the server" error. 

I just tried clearing the cache and it did not work. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

jangeli wrote:

Hi knottyrope, thanks for the response.

Do you mean to the BAS or the server? I wasn't logged onto the BAS at the time and was logged into the server as the domain administrator.

I had not updated Java after getting the error. I recently tried to update it as a fix but that didn't help.

The BES is using about 75k of memory, without the BAS services running. 

I simply get an "Unable to establish a connection to the server" error. 

I just tried clearing the cache and it did not work. 

Did you update BES while logged in as BESAdmin?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jangeli

No, I was logged in as domain administrator, not BESAdmin. Although I vaguely remember there being a section that asked for the username to use for the installation and I used BesAdmin for that. 

Please use plain text.