Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
curried
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Vodacom

BB Collaboration & Lync

Hi,

I'm experiencing a problem that I cannot seem to find a solution/resolution or at the very least a workaround for.

The situation is as such:- 

We have two offices :-

Location A and Location B.

Each location has its own blackberry domain (and server obviously).

We have a single Lync and exchange infrastructure to support both locations.

I have installed and configured Collaboration in Location A without many issues and it works perfectly at the moment.

My issues now start when trying to get Collaboration for Lync in Location B to stay started.

As far as I can tell the issue seems to be that the service is unable to provision itself automatically and this results in no valid trusted application pool error and the service stopping.

I then tried to manually provision the service by following the KBs and I get a generic error about the store being corrupt or something.

When I check on Lync there is nothing and no trusted application pools exist in AD either.

Basically,  BB Collaboration seems to think that there is a trusted application already in existance when there isn't (or at the very least that's what I have come to believe).

I am not sure what exactly the problem is and would love somebody to be able to help me out with a possible cause or solution or workaround so that I can get on with my other Blackberry projects.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
curried
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: BB Collaboration & Lync

OK - So I have found a work around - for those of you who are having a similar or the same problem.

The problem was security permissions on Location B's besadmin account.

We also updated Location B's BES to Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 which might or might not have made a difference.

Still not sure what the problem was but at least it is now working.

The issue related to a TSE in AD and it could not create the TSE for some reason.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BB Collaboration & Lync

Permissions can be a fun thing to figure out, glad to see you made progress.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.