Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
pgoovaerts
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 9110
My Carrier: Proximus
Accepted Solution

BB-Fusion - giving emailfeautures on non-bb devices?

i understood that BB Mobile Fusion is a 'device manager' for all devices like iPad, iPhone, Android phones,...

I was also told that it would give the same email features to this devices like BES is doing for Blackberry devices...

If we install Blackberry Mobile Fusion on an existing BES server, can we use Lotus Notes email on iPad, iPhone, Android devices without installig additional software (i.e. Notes Traveler), just like we use our Blackberry devices with Lotus Notes email?  

So, just install BBMF on BES server

then register devices (after puchase of CALs)

then use Lotus Notes email on this devices without installing any other software?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
hinojosa89
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB-Fusion - giving emailfeautures on non-bb devices?

the bb fusion software only permit to manage devices, email synchronization is not included

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pgoovaerts

Also when we install Blackberry Mobile Fusion STUDIO? What is de differente beween the 3? various fusion products?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
hinojosa89

Yes you can mange mail sync with the new products, they are only to manage devices

BB Fusion  -  it is only a console to administer the diferents produtc, BDS, UDS and BES

BDS - It is a producto to manage  bb playbooks and the new bb with OS 10

UDS - It is a prodcut to manage devices with IOS and Android

best regards

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pgoovaerts

Sorry but the first line confuses me...

what do you mean by "Yes you can manage mail sync with the new products, they are only to manage devices" ?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
hinojosa89

sorry is  you can NOT manage mail sync with the new products, they are only to manage devices

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pgoovaerts

Ok, a short word bit it makers a hugh difference :-) Fully understood, thanks for clarification.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Also, note that you cannot install Mobile Fusion components on an existing BES server (with the exception of Mobile Fusion Studio).

Basically, if you want to manage Playbook and BB OS 10 devices, you need to install BDS. Doing this will install the BDS version of the BlackBerry Admin Service which can be used to manage these devices specifically. You cannot install BDS on an existing BES server, you need to use a separate server.

If you want to manage Apple and Android devices, you need to install UDS. Doing this will install the UDS Management Console which can be used to manage these devices specifically. You cannot install UDS on an existing BES server or an existing BDS server, you need to use a separate server.

IF you want to have a consolidated (or single) management tool to manage both BDS and UDS (and BES if applicable) devices then you would install Mobile Fusion Studio. This can be installed on an existing BES or BDS server. Mobile Fusion Studio gives you a consolidated view of all 3 management tools (BES, BDS, UDS) and allows you to perform many common tasks from each. You will still need to access the individual consoles directly to perform certain tasks (such as activating Playbook devices via USB).

For most users installing all Fusion components you will need 2 servers. This does not include any existing BES servers you may have in your environment. These servers can share the same SQL server if desired, but NOT the same physical database.

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pgoovaerts

Thx. Short but great clarification.
Please use plain text.