Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
jgerard
My Device: Z10, PlayBook
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BCS 10.1 Enterprise IM for sametime

+1...worked for me as well!

Thanks

Find me on the Twitters! @jeffgerard
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Huby
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

doesn't work. I have already setup the shared folder and i can see the Certificates and Enterprise folder and both are shared with read/write access. IM does not work. But i havn't setup ssl from BDS to IM Server recently. If the bcs service still wants to connect to IM Server via https it could not run.

That the IM app is immediately removed after installing ... i had the same issue over days. There must be someting stored on the device in the work area that this APP has to be removed and this "flag" exists until you remove your work profile in settings/accounts, set a new EA password and make a new activation.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
warwickb
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

+1 worked for me too - many thanks!!!

W

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DSTGSUKBES
My Device: Not Specified

Huby, you dont need any HTTPS connections to the Sametime Server.  The Technote is basically saying that if you deploy using BlackBerry World - Work then it doesnt work until the Shared Folder has been created.

Its a bit annoying as I did the same with BlackBerry Work Drives and that worked fine, without any Shared Folder but I guess the App is different.

My issue is not the original error message but that the App wont load anymore, which I think you are right in saying that the Work Space may have become corrupted in some way, want for a better word !!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DSTGSUKBES
My Device: Not Specified

Managed to source another Q10 and the Enterprise IM works fine, so I'm going to say the Z10 has a corrupted Work Space.

At least I know it works.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jgerard

I have had it stop working on my Z10 a couple times when I was initially trying to get it working. I removed and did a battery pull and that seemed to fix it. I never removed the work perimeter.

I also noticed that in playing with some of the security policy settings, one in particular might have some effect on the functionality of IM for Enterprise - Work Data Uses Only Work Network and another to look at is Network Access Control for Work Apps.

HTH

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BB-dave
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

This workaround worked for me too!

BUT this app is also as buggy as all the other BlackBerry stuff. :smileysad:

It shows only one group of my sametime contact list.
Also if I search for a contact - at first it shows me that it is not online...

Also it's integrated in the Hub BUT when I click on a chat then it opens an own App.

I'm very disappointed again from BlackBerry - we are still in the evaluation for a new mobile management system but honestly the phone (z10) is quite good but everything in the background is rubbish and buggy... I see no future for BlackBerry.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jgerard

Give it some time...I'm sure there will be updates to come to tweak it to be more inline with the existing BB apps and the hub.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rdqslaw
My Device: Z10 / Playbook
My Carrier: O2 UK

Just to confirm, sametime doesn't need SSL to work with bes10. After painful play with it it's finaly working. BES 10.1 seems to be buggy. 10.1.1 works much better and doesn't have so many errors. Additionally if you get error about missing mappings file, I copied one from mds before upgrading to 10.1.1 and all worked. You will need to remove app from the group to in install it and then push it again. Now all is dancing and whistling with st including searches, groups and etc.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jgerard

I have no issues running on 10.1. Once I followed the suggested workaround it has been flawless for me in both 10.1 prod and 10.1.1 dev environments.
Please use plain text.