Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
Huby
My Device: Z10

Re: BCS 10.1 Enterprise IM for sametime

Hi,

IM  does not work in my environment.

Shared folder still exist. The certificates folder under Shared is also in place.

Enterprise IM app installed in work area.

Turned on ssl on IM server. Someone told that the BCS uses ssl to connect to the IM server.

--> No connection. I have the same settings like the BES5 configuration and on BES5 it is working.

Always the same message: Server not available.

Can anybody tell me what is wrong. In addition, our IM server is only reachable from inside net.BES10 device --> BCS --> IM Server. Cound this be the cause? Turned off company WiFi, --> no connection.

host: servername.company.com

port: 1516

BB coll. server name: server.addomain.inside

BB Coll port: 8181

BB Coll. Service running with the AD User (same for the other BB services)

Sorry, no further idea.

Huby

Contributor
DSTGSUKBES
My Device: Not Specified

You dont need to make any changes to the BCS or your Sametime Server for SSL.

Is the IP Address of your BES 10 Server in the Community Trusted IPS in your Sametime Environment?

Apart from the Shared Folder being configured on the Admin Console, that's all you should need.

You might get one or two Server Not Available when you sometime connect via the IM Client on a BB10 Device but it should then connect.

We went from 10.0 to 10.1 and lost the ability to Enrol Devices.

Had to build a new Server on 10.1 and then updated with 10.1.1 and everything appears to be working.

I must say that sometime, it does feel like BlackBerry is using its Customer for a "Live" test for BES 10. :smileysurprised:

Contributor
Huby

yes, IP of the BES10 Server is listed in the stconfig.nsf under community connectivity.

I will do a last check with netstat -AN on IM server which IP the BES server has in order to place the right IP in this list.

Contributor
Huby

had a firewall session. Tried to connect from BES10 server to IM server to -lets say- port 9999. Then i have checked the ip address which is connection to SM server. It was a completely different one i have expected. Natting .....

So i set this new ip into the config db and restarted Sametime. Now it works.

Thanks for helping.

Does anybody know if the IM app can resolve groups. If i try to set a group from the domdir as a contact, it always shout that the contact already exist in the available list. Single person instead are working. Hmmmmmmm

Contributor
DSTGSUKBES
My Device: Not Specified

IM App doesnt seem to like Public Sametime groups.  None of mine show on the IM App when I login, all Private ones are there.

Contributor
Huby

agree. In addition, i have setup a local group in my personal address book. The members i have copied from the NAB. That also seems to be not working.

The old IM app for BES5 was working with groups .... an additional thing that does not work.