Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
belkin007
My Device: Not Specified

BDS 6.2.0, recurring account authentication request message during activation.

We are having problem when activating user with the correct account password on Blackberry Z10 mobile.

The BDS is under the active directory environment, and we have logon on access security for every staff member.

Logon to screen

The Blackberry Z10 will not active users account unless this user can log on to: All Computers.

In order to resolve this issue I tried to include the domain name, the Blackberry computer name both did not work in order to activate the Blackberry mobile. 

What should be included in the logon to workstation in order to active the Blackberry user account?

I appreciate any help.

Thanks 

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BDS 6.2.0, recurring account authentication request message during activation.

Hello belkin007,

One way to test the activation is to rule out the BlackBerry Device service and attempt to connect to Microsoft Active Sync. This can be done by adding an account on the Z-10, selecting Advanced, Microsoft Exchange Activesync, and enter in the user information and Exchange Server information. This method is utilized by other devices that activate through Activesync and is a viable test.
If this activation is successful, you would utilize the same information to enable the user on the BDS server.
If the above test fails, you will need to configure your Microsoft Activesync to support activation.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
belkin007
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BDS 6.2.0, recurring account authentication request message during activation.

The issue is not with microsoft activesync.

Logon to windows requires the proper identity in order to allow the device to authenticate into the domain network.

Example computer name called TEST-PC in order to login to our domain network, will need to include the computer name TEST-PC in the active directory user account  (Logon to) 

Contributor
HotFix
My Device: Z10

belkin007 wrote:

The issue is not with microsoft activesync.

Logon to windows requires the proper identity in order to allow the device to authenticate into the domain network.

Example computer name called TEST-PC in order to login to our domain network, will need to include the computer name TEST-PC in the active directory user account  (Logon to) 

Have you checked the Windows event log on the server running the BES? You may need to turn up auditing on it for logon failures, but I would check the System, Application, and Security event logs. One is bound to tell you why the authentication is failing.

Just to confirm though you added the BDS server's computer name to the user trying to authenticated, and waited a few minutes before trying to see if it worked (to alllow for AD replication)?