Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
cdavies
My Device: Z10

Re: BDS 6.2 email profile for Lotus Traveler 8.5.3

DHungate - would you recommend running BDS and UDS on seperate servers? I agree that your mail server and Traveler server should be on their own dedicated boxes whether physical or VM but wouldn't have thought BDS and UDS would need to be on their own boxes in terms of best practice deployment.

Contributor
michelc
My Device: Not Specified

DHungate, I'm sorry but you are wrong about Traveler not using the Blackberry infrastructure. It can use it, and it's huge plus for us(and a lot of people) as we don't have our Traveler infrastructure exposed to the internet. It only works that way with the Z10 and the playbook though. If you want to manage android and IOS, then you have to expose your traveler infrastructure.

Regular Contributor
DHulka

michelc: I was trying to indicate that a Traveler only without BDS can't use the Blackberry Infrastructure. If you want the Blackberry Infrastructure you need BDS.
cdavies: There is a document on having them all on the same server. I followed this and still had port conflicts and services that wouldn't start. KB32547
Contributor
michelc
My Device: Not Specified

Yes I'm sorry! I misread your post!

I hope in the future, and that would give some awesome value to Bes10, that they could reroute IOS and Android for active sync through the BDS as well!
Regular Contributor
DHulka

Michelc: Actually I just listened to a presentation on that.
UDS will be getting Blackberry Infrastructure with BES 10.1 coming some time in Q2. Android and iOS will also be getting dedicated Work Spaces.
Contributor
cdavies

Sounds like it could be the deal breaker for Blackberry providing it works well and isn't clunky. Would be nice being able to embrace BYOD as well without having to make excuses to uses because of a lack of mobile policies!

Contributor
vkurian
My Device: 9780

At last......It worked. I think security wipe and the new firmware upload had helped. Follow the DHungate post for setting up the user email profile settings. Verify that username is Lotus Domino Internet username not Active Directory. If by any chance the device does not boot after a security wipe, please follow the below link.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33480

Thank you all for the posts and help. 

New Contributor
webgta

Hello guys,
I've the same problem : activation successfull but no email/calendar/contact sync.
Try to verify settings you told (email profile/SSL enable...) but all seems to be Ok.
I used BDS 6.2.1 with Traveler 8.5.3 UP2 on Domino 8.5.3FP3.

I can see that my Z10 communicate with the Traveler (in BDS Dispatcher log and in the Domino Web Server Log).

The only thing suspicious is in the Traveler database, I can see that's my device is in a "Disconnected" state.
New Contributor
kurtschwanz

webgta - I have the exact same issue.  Have an open incident with Blackberry support on this but so far, they haven't been very responsive.   I sent them logs they requested days ago and haven't heard back. 

New Contributor
webgta

Ok kurtschwanz : I feel less alone ;-)
Can you keep me informed? In the meantime I will continue to search...