Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
michelc
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BDS 6.2 email profile for Lotus Traveler 8.5.3

[ Edited ]

Hey Vkurian. If you are using a email profile, this option is not on the phone, but in the mail profile itself. Just edit your mail profile, and put the "use ssl" to Yes. Make sure your lotus traveler is set up properly for SSL!

Good luck!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vkurian
My Device: 9780

It is set to "Yes" already in mail profile. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
michelc

And is your notes traveler set up on port 443 with SSL? Can you access it from a browser https://youtraveler.yada.ca ?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vkurian

Yes, lotus traveler is setup on port 443 and we have few iPhones and Samsung working on it for last two years . Also, we are able to activate Z10 device through Microsoft Exchange Account using SSL with out any issues.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
michelc

Did you follow DHungate recomendation for the e-mail profile?
------

In your email profile--

Type: Activesync
Server name: yyy.zzz.com/servlet/traveler
Use SSL: Yes
Push Enabled: Yes
Days to synchronize: Whatever you wish
Interval: 15 minutes
Email sync: Yes
Calendar sync: Yes
Contact sync: Yes
Memo sync: Yes
Task sync: Yes
In the user setup use the following account settings:
Override MS Active Sync: Yes
Account Name: iNotes Username
Email Address: Email Address
Domain: Blank
Username: iNotes Username
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vkurian

Yes..After changing the account settings as Dhungate's post we were able to get it activated. After activation, device details are shown in the console user details, but mails not synching. Usually with BES 5.0, we use get an activation complete message and everything was through. We have no idea where to trouble shoot it from. Yesterday BB support spend around 3 hrs and could not figure out where the issue is. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
michelc

If you open your lotustraveler database, can you see the new device there? Is it set to allow?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
vkurian

That setting is not enabled in our environment, so it gets activated straight away. It is showing "Allow" only.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdavies
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

It may be worth trying to set up your Z10 straight to your Traveler server instead of activating through the BDS server/RIM network to ensure connectiveity from the device.

I was in the same situation last week as yourself with an 'activated' blackberry but no mail although at that point Traveler was not setup to us SSL and the CA Authority needed creating.

A couple other things to try as well

- If you can't SSL to your Traveler server from your BDS server without a certificate warning, install the SSL certificate through the browser of your BDS server so there are no certificate errors and so the Traveler server is 'trusted'

- Dramatic but worked for me - uninstall every trace of Blackberry software from your BDS server (assuming that is the server's only purpose), reboot, and perform a re-install of both the BDS, UDS (if applicable) and Device Management Studio.

Good luck

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vkurian

It is working when we setup Z10 straight with Traveler and it confirms there are no issues with Traveler.  I can SSL to Traveler from BDS without any certificate warning. I am waiting for BB support and if they cannot resolve this, as my last hope I may try reinstalling BDS as you advised :smileyhappy:. Will keep it posted.

Please use plain text.